Needed: volunteer with larger pickup truck Monday Morning

We are picking up some filter units for Metal Shop and Laser to use as construction progresses

The units are approx 3.5x3.5x6 feet based on observation from the ground at their current location. They have a forklift to help load; we’ll bring some pallets to put them on. Unknown weight, but I don’t expect they’ll be too bad since a good chunk of volume is filters and sheet metal body and it’s a 120v motor. We can use gantry / engine hoist and other things at DMS to unload them if required.

@michaelb doesn’t trust his truck, and mine has a conflicting height for an item of that depth.

We could do two runs, but if we can find two volunteers that would be better. The units are located in Carrollton not too far from the space. We will unload them on pallets immediately after retrieval and ready them for install later in the day/week. We may end up renting a home depot truck if all else fails but would rather not if we can avoid it.

Cheers,
-Jim

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
3 Likes

I have a Tacoma with tonneau cover but it should fit. Post time and meeting place. Im in Coppell
Randy

I’ve got an f150 with an 8ft bed on it. Only issue is that I’m waiting on a Covid test until sometime this week. What day were you thinking to move these?

We’re looking at Monday morning, to be at the location at 7:30am (probably meet at the space around 6:45 or 7am to grab pallets and make sure we aren’t missing anything)

1 Like

Then I’m out, sorry. I’m unavailable during work hours anyway.

I can be there at 7 Monday

Hey all,

I’m just gonna front a uhaul in the end so we don’t have to worry about it and keep the number of people down. Thanks anyway everyone for the replies.

-Jim

1 Like