Need volunteers (Mitch is too busy)

No sieve, no mixer; only Virgin Powder, cowabungha!

Maybe we can fab it or beg for funding…? Anyone got a Toledo dough mixer they don’t need?

Don’t forget, the book sez we need Aspirator Masks and Gloves, just to fill LISA with powder. Anybody have one ?

Luckily, they put it on a rolling cart so it can be moved to a safe area for servicing.

2 Likes

I figured it would be messy so it could be moved to the workshop. You
probably want it leveled and not able to get bumped while printing.

2 Likes

Sinterit supplied gloves and masks, we don’t need to buy anything. There is a manual sieve for powder reclamation, but not the automated device that Sinterit sells.

The printer is set up on a base that @PearceDunlap welded up for us. Thanks, Pearce! You access the build area from the top of the printer, so it had to be set low.

We need an air line for the sand blaster for cleaning the prints.

I started to try a test print with a small TIE Fighter model that I’ve printed on a PolyPrinter. It has a lot of fine details that would be a good test of the SLS technology. However, the estimated time for the print (<2.5 cm model volume) was over 5 hours. That included 1 hour 14 minutes of warm-up time and 1 hour 43 minutes of cool-down time. I don’t have that much time to spend at the 'Space today, so I’ll have to run it later.

Another concern I have is that this printer is going to require A LOT of cleaning. The manufacturer recommends that the lenses and lase protective glass be cleaned after every third print. The laser protective glass has to be removed from the lid to be cleaned. Also there is an area below the build plate that has to be cleaned every third print as well.

The Sinterit Studio software is installed on the left computer, as you face the windows. Thanks @StanSimmons for assisting with that. The manual for the software

I haven’t given up, but I wanted to get my findings so far documented.

5 Likes

Woah that’s awesome. I saw the machine setup on the stand. I am concerned
about the cleaning and that powder will end up everywhere. I think the
classes will have to go over cleaning so we can make sure people are doing
it. I know the Form 2, people have still got resin everywhere without even
noticing, so keeping it maintained is a concern.

I would like to have maybe someone running batches of prints since it takes
so long to print, that will minimize waste.

Thanks so much to Pearce and Stan for helping.

1 Like

Is there a key cylinder lock on the door? You can make it close a switch when turned for your failsafe.

1 Like

I need to make sure I still have the key.

Thanks for all the hard work, let us know when there will be some classes I would love to be able to use this.

Which Active Directory Groups

3D Printer From2
3D Printer Ninjaflex

Code base should be at https://github.com/Dallas-Makerspace/rfid-lock for 3d fab and https://github.com/Dallas-Makerspace/RFID-Interlock for the interlock.

I still remember a good deal of the original code most which was a python-daemon application that also integrated pyserial (for the usb rfid reader), argparse, and GPIO for the switch.

Kind of like https://gist.github.com/mattgorecki/6085344 but if we can track down the pastebin I gave Mitch then we’ll have the exact original code.

@PearceDunlap tells me that Laser would like something similar.

Who beside Mitch knows about the hardware so that we can clone this?