Need volunteer to repair Ryobi battery charger

I’ll be up Thursday night.

Doubt their shipping will be that fast, but I will not reject a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

It’s usually next day if you order by 3pm. I’ve had it next day before when ordering at 10pm, but this is Christmas shipping season so I wouldn’t be shocked if it took 2 to 3 days. :slight_smile:

Art wanting to throw something out? Dallas must be about to freeze over…

3 Likes

I think when they changed the locks at Fred’s, a little part of Art died…

3 Likes

Yeah…withdrawal sucks…:confused::confounded::anguished::upside_down:

1 Like

Well that was quick. Expect to drop it off sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

Matt Bell at Mouser must be a really busy guy. His name’s been on the return address of every Mouser order I can remember receiving.

2 Likes

Sorry it took me so long to deliver the parts.

If we don’t need the spare, please put it into my bin since one of the other chargers may fail in the future.

1 Like

Thanks,

I’m down right now… I think someone shared their flu with me last night at the space. :frowning:

I’ve slept most of the night, morning, and afternoon away.

Raymond

I’ll be the first to cheers your recovery!

Hey Art it’s Logan from the tour night … Since I am a new member I don’t have the capability of PM’ing so I was wondering if you would still be willing to teach me how to solder?

2 Likes

I’ll be up there tomorrow night to work on the charger.

@arreaux - Logan, want to build a kit? I have a 10 pack of kits here that I have 9 left of. They are a whopping $5 a kit for one that has 5 LEDs that cycle back and forth. I’ll walk you through soldering it if Art isn’t around.

1 Like

Gosh I didn’t see this notification. Gotta fix that. Yeah for sure obviously I missed this dats but let me know when you are free next! I’m here now (12/16) until the 3D Printing workshop starts. Otherwise let me know … I don’t have PM so reply here and I’ll make sure to modify my notification settings

1 Like

I’ll be up after I eat and take pics at the arcade auction.

1 Like

OK,

The old part was desoldered. The new part was NOT installed as no heat sink compound could be found in Electronics or in Vector. GRRRR!

Also - The bag of screws for the charger is MISSING. Without those the charger will be a candidate for Aggie Engineering - a.k.a. Duct Tape.

1 Like

There’s a can of Thermalloy blue compound in a plastic bag on top of the roll around drawers just inside the ELab door. Don’t think thermal compound has an expiration date. There’s enough there to last many many projects.

@arreaux - missed your post buried in this post. I’ll be at DMS today (Sat) probably mid/late afternoon and possibly tomorrow (Sun) afternoon. Is your PM working?

1 Like

Three Whoops for Aggie engineering!

2 Likes

If this is still not fixed, I can take a look at it. But fair warning, although I am an Aggie, I cannot ensure that duct tape will completely remedy the charger. I did locate some premium pink duct tape stock at a top secret location within DMS facility boundaries, but I cannot vouch for whether or not it has been ordained as official duct tape of all Aggie engineering, Therefore, it may or may not possess the magical characteristics making duct tape such a critically endorsed remedy for any and all problems outside the city limits of any metropolitan area. As a result, we may in fact be left with a unit that has the appearance of a professional fix (pink duct tape properly applied with appropriate excess), but has gained no improvement in function as a result. Its a risk, but the unit would be enhanced by the clearly visible external appearance of pink duct tape regardless, of course.

Just let me know. As long as I have access to a jackhammer, I don’t anticipate any troubles. In fact, I am at DMS now, so PM…

The part (plus a spare) is taped to it in an anti-static tube… I will install it tomorrow night if nobody beats me to it - provided the heat sink compound is where Art said it was.

1 Like