Need to program new key fobs and keys for 2011 Tundra

I need to program an extra key and remote fob for my 2011 Tundra and the dealership wants almost $200 to do it.
Does anyone have access to a Toyota Techstream? I found a few on Amazon/Ebay, but lots of warnings about viruses in the software.

I could load it in an isolated VM on a trash laptop, but if anyone already has something I could use for 30 minutes, I’d appreciate.

Do we still have the Autel MaxiSys MS906BT and can it program fobs/keys?

Yes to the first part. Not sure about second, but here’s the manual (I think):

https://www.auteleshop.com/info/autel-maxisys-ms906bt-user-manual-free-download-16116.html

You can do some cars with the Autel but not all, it depends on the manufacturer. My guess would be with that age of vehicle that you can do it. You may need a code from a dealer but sometimes it can just read them. Wouldn’t hurt to plug it in and see what functions you get on the security module.

1 Like

Where do we keep the Autel? I haven’t worked in Automotive for a while.

last I saw it, it was in the top right side cabinet drawer of the red cabinet (with the Milwaukee batteries/rechargers) that sits on top of the green one. Or really close to there.

Yup, top right drawer with plug going into it. Right under the Milwaukee tools. Don’t drive off with the bluetooth dongle.

1 Like

@pinewoodnut any testing done?

While we’re at it, would the 'Space have use for a stand-alone automotive chip cloner? I can likely donate one of these RSN, as they’ve been discontinued due to its limitations with newer cars and a new model being introduced.

Nice offer…they are pricey. How hard is it to use? i.e. does one just walk up to it, put old key in, hit a button, remove it, put new key in, hit a button, and that’s it?

YES YES YES, the autel can program new keys using the manufacture provided codes however cannot duplicate existing keys obviously. This can fill in the gap on most earlier chipped cars. I know myself and few others who can definitely make a ton of use out of this.

Manual here for reference this would be an excellent tool to have access to. http://www.jmakeys.co.uk/Archivos/productos/manual_trs_5000_evo%20_baja_v02_eng1.pdf

1 Like

For the most part, yes.
Examples of such = Early Acura, Buick, Chrysler, Dodge, Honda, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac (Early being up to about 04, 05, or 06 depending on model; Up to 2010 on Fords and Toyotas)

Other brands and later model years use a multi-step process involving wirelessly retrieving data from the car via a “sniffing” process using the original and clone chips that you then bring back to the cloner to complete the process.

The key blank catalog that will be included will help with that.

It may be a few months before I’m allowed to do what I want with the trade-ins. At that point, I can donate one, and offer a class on its use.

EDIT: I wanted to point out - this machine does not do remotes.

1 Like

And here is the link to the Key/chip guide:

https://www.jmausa.com/en/transponder-catalogue-usa/dwl-198/

Although, if someone has access to full-function PDF editing software, I can help make the catalog a LOT easier to read and understand for the 'Spaces use than the way it comes as meant for locksmiths.

1 Like

Yeah we’d absolutely take it, I think some folks could use it. We’ve got adobe licenses at the space so you can use Acrobat to edit the PDF.

2 Likes