Need suggestions for local cash-for-scrap places and consignment sellers

I moved to the Dallas area a few months ago. I rented a storage unit for some of my stuff when I moved and now I’m regretting the decision to keep so much of it. A lot of it is old electronics. Some is stuff that should probably be sold on ebay or something. I figure if I can get rid of that stuff and throw away a few things I can do away with the storage. But I’d like to turn what I get rid of into cash if possible.

Can any of you recommend good honest local consignment sellers or cash-for-scrap places?

Thanks.

What old computer gear and game consoles do you have?

I’m always looking for old stuff (SNES/Genesis and 486, Non-PC/Non-Mac and older) even if it’s not working for parts/IC chips. I run Arcadecomponents.com and sell chips, fix old consoles, computers, and arcade game logic boards.

Raymond

So, I guess I should have been more clear. It’s best if I drop the storage unit by the end of December and due to the demands of my job I most likely have no more than 4-6 days free before then to sort through and unload it. Maybe even less. I’ve tried getting rid of stuff with helpers and letting people pick through it, but they usually end up slowing me down with questions.

I want to do what I can to give the useful stuff good homes and recycle the rest. And I want to try to get cash for it. But if I don’t get it sorted by the end of December I’m probably going to be forced to pick out what I want to keep and toss the rest in a dumpster. I don’t want to do it because it’s so wasteful, but it’s what I’ll do if that’s what it takes.

So I really just need to find a good consignment seller and a cash-for-scrap place so I can hopefully make efficient round-trip loops with my truck. If I don’t get good suggestions here, I’ll go to google. But my experience has been that not all consignment sellers and cash-for-scrap places are trustworthy. So I prefer to get recommendations first.

Besides that, I plan to keep the video game stuff for myself. Sorry.

If you have a trailer/van might try Trader’s Village for a weekend. @patrickpleez1 seems to know more places to sell things than anyone I’ve met. I know he’s disposed of things for folks before on some sort commission basis … might give him a try. If goal is end of December you’ve got time to try thngs.

Well,there is this: Swap day @ DMS!

Great, he swaps his old stuff for different stuff to fill his storage unit! No that is a good idea.

Some of us spend money during that event too. :slight_smile:

The best thing to do is take a few pics of the stuff and post an ad on Craig’s List. Sell all of it to someone as is. At the end of the day, the longer you have the stuff, the more it’s costing you. Time is money! You will feel much better once you get rid of all that stuff!

1 Like

We just got out of our storage this week. :smiley:

That and the car payment that are now gone = new truck payment.

1 Like

There is a recycling company over in Garland that will give you cash for electronic scrap. Be aware – it’s kinda chump change. I took an old laptop over there a couple of years back and got $1 for it…

I am the Patrick in which he was naming.