Need step up transformer - can I use this 3-phase?

I realize this is not an optimal solution, so take this as an academic question. I have a generator which only supplies 50A at 120VAC. I would like to use it to supply back up power to a house, primarily for the 120VAC outlets. I have successfully done this for some time by tying the two hots together (off-grid, of course) and supplying them with the 120VAC. Of course, all the 240VAC devices don’t work because their two hot lines are now ‘shorted together’, putting the entire house on one leg of 120VAC.

But . . . the question I have is this. I have come across a rather large, 3-phase, 2:1 step up or down transformer that I am considering using to boost the 120VAC to 240VAC to supply the whole house.

See below for the wiring diagram for this transformer.

Can you figure out a way to double the 120VAC input voltage to give me a 240VAC output with a center tap for neutral?

X is the low side and H is the high side. That is, voltage, V, into H comes out 1/2 V from the X side of the transformer.

I’m thinking that whatever I do, I’ll have to open the X winding at the area marked by yellow. Otherwise the X windings look like a short circuit with only the application of a single phase. The H side can be disconnected or so it appears.

Maybe I could just use the ‘X’ side of the transformer as follows. Open the delta of the X side at the yellow mark then apply 120VAC from X2 to X3 and then use X2 as neutral for the house and use X1, X3 as the two hot lines. There would not be isolation between the generator and the house but that does not matter. Would want to make sure to use X2 as the primary neutral and have it grounded at the generator and the house.

I think I managed to answer this one properly in your other post about this subject. However, may I suggest sharing the manufacturer and model # of the generator? Also, if you have manual for the unit showing available connections and configuration instructions, it then becomes possible to be sure we are giving you the best of help.

Interesting questions, BTW.

almost positive this is possible but you absolutely need to know the kilowattage on the transformer to know whether or not it can supply what you are asking of it, i would also reccomend using X1 and X2 grounding X4 as a center tap ground. Kilowattage will be listed as KVA which stands for kilo-volt-amperes, kw and kva are the same thing. if your generator is 120 v at 50 amps then you have 6kw capacity on your generator side. so your generator through a transformer can deliver a max of 240 at 25 amperes. I recommend the center tap because i (believe stress believe as i am no electrical enginer only someone who has studied transformers alot) that that ensures that you will wind up with a phase a and a phase b as opposed to a 240 leg and then a neutral which would be BAD annihilating anything in your home that is 110 rated only. Test both of these theories. try X2 and X3 with your generator earth grounded common to your transformer case. You are in businuess if your voltage between x2 and ground is 120 and the same is true with X3 and ground. Also try X1 and X2 with the center tap…unsure which outputs you would use just fish around with your DMM and try the same tests as with the first one…absolutely verify that you have a phase a and b less your house phase a become 240 and your house phase b become neutral.
hope these very educated guesses help. beyound that check out an industrial electricician forum.
Andrew