Need someone to move ethernet cables in my house

A few years ago I installed CAT 6 runs…one of the best investments I’ve made.

But now I need to add a couple more runs to a room I didn’t think I’d be using. And, we are now converting a room in the house into a hobby room, and I’d like to move the server rack to the hobby room.

I’m looking for a recommendation for someone to go into the attic this fall when it has cooled down and move my runs, extend the ones that won’t relocate, and add a few new runs to the patch panel. I can punch my own cables, but I have no interest in climbing through the attic.

Thanks ahead of time for the recommendations.

Just bumping my post up…hoping to get some referrals.

Easiest solution is to use a WiFi extender

Thanks. I have very excellent WiFi mesh coverage throughout the house. I need the hard lines moved.

@zacharymarkson does handyman work. Not cheap, but not bad. Not sure how his time is running nowadays, or if he knows other who might take on this kind of thing.

I have actually done this in my house, I only had 3 drops to begin, but now I’ve added a TON for cameras and hard wiring.

As long as the access in the attic is reasonable, and all the runs are able to be done (single story houses are nice)… I typically charge around 75 per run. Too low? Too high? I try to be reasonable, as long as the runs and time aren’t horrid.

I’m up in Celina, where are you? Hopefully not down in Arlington or ages away :wink:

I can help out if you cannot find anyone else. Just send me a PM and I can give you more details.

Good luck!

Once upon a time in the late 1990s when I was the CIO at a large medical facilty which was multi floor the cost for a single ethernet cabling run was about $100 each. If you had 100 runs the cost was a little cheaper. I’d say $75 a run is a great price.