Need some help with a couple of porjects

I need some help with a couple of projects

I need a display for my andonized niobium earrtings In the past most of what I have made are bery organic
with natural wood, burlap and such That doesnt work for these

I need something more techie in look, I have the basic idea of what I need but I am not sure how to to
make it or what materials to use I want a 2 sided display about a foot high and around 8-10 inches wide It needs to have a small lazy suxan turntable under it I need some help in designing it and maybe in making it
I should be able to afford the materials

I will offer a pair of the earrings to whoever iw willing to help me

The other project is related, It will have the arrings on cards I would love to have the back of the cards printed with some
info on niobium The problem is that I will likely use both a parchment color and in black, I have the card stock
Printing on the light ones is easy, but how to on the black one? and I will need help in setting up how to print them

I would love to have the first one done by around Thangsgiving

Is amyone willing to help me on these?

Post a picture of the earrings and maybe a sample of what you mean when you say techy looking.

Re printing white on black

If a printer solution doesn’t present, you could make a stamp with the info and use an opaque white ink like this

1 Like

hmm… this sounds like the perfect reason to dust off “Nicky”…
@Team_Printmaking ?

1 Like

What is the card size? What is being printed on it? What is the print area? Is it the same on every one?

If its small and text, I suggest laserable rubber and a stamp pad. If it’s small and something you can carve, dollar store eraser and a stamp pad. If it changes a lot between cards, I would investigate a white ink refill for an inkjet printer.

1 Like

So my understanding is it’s an earring card like you’d see for sale on a display in a store, usually these are around 1-3” in size, various configurations. And she’s wanting text on the back with information about niobium. Therefore carving probably is not optimal solution, but a lasered stamp could be

1 Like

My guess on the white-on-black issue would be it might be more cost-effective to get some business cards imprinted commercially, rather than messing with trying to print yourself. You might not be able to have textured black paper, but you can print the background black - so the text is basically the absence of color, rather than struggling with opaque white ink printing.

If the paper texture is important to you, maybe you can find a white paper the texture you want and try doing the printing black background that way.

@Nick may be able to contribute some ideas as well, since he and his mom have a lot of printing industry contacts.

For the rotating display rack, are you thinking a solid face between the sides? Or something you can see through like screening or hardware cloth?

2 Likes

I love the idea of a rubber stamp I think that is the perfect soulution

It will only be text Maybe 3-4 lines roughly

Niobium is a naturally occuring element It is hypoallergenid and naturally
nickle free The color is obtained by running different voltages through the metla It
is hard and long lasting

It is most commonin in industrial applications like MRIs

It is likely that I will need to edit that down

1 Like

Yes I need a solid face between the 2 sides

This is a hanging board I made The cards will be similar with a fold in
the top so the earrings hang in front of the back of the card

If I were a customer, I’d personally be most interested in what it is and how you got the amazing colors.

But has to be short from a practical standpoint of a stamp and also short because most folks will only read what can be consumed in a quick glance, not a lengthy several sentences.

I’d definitely say What.
Only maybe say How.
Wait to say interesting tidbits, how the sausage is made, etc to those how really dig more info

Maybe something like this:

“Niobium is a naturally occurring hypoallergenic element, with colors achieved by running voltage through it.”

While the other info is interesting, it’d give you something to talk about with an interested person. Nickle-free folks, they’ll ask. Industrial uses is random tidbit, interesting but not a selling point.

Honestly, if short on space, leave off second sentence about how it’s done. Again, interesting, but you can say it while folks ooh and ah over colors. Don’t have to explain the behind the scenes of your process to start with.

It’s Magic :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am way too verbose

Good ideas there

I think I want to work it in as another industrial metal, like’my copper
is

1 Like