Need Some Dry Ice? Big Styrofoam Cooler?

I happen to have a block of dry ice sitting in my freezer which was used for shipping stuff to me. I estimate its weight at 2-3 lbs, but lack a good scale for things of that size at present. It’s a pretty nice chunk. Maybe a finster worth.
I’m imagining it will sublimate away in a short while in my freezer, which is nowhere near cold enough to keep the stuff.
You want? I’ll bring it. Should probably meet to make that exchange.

In related news, the shipment arrived in a big Styrofoam cooler, too. No idea what I’ll do with it, but if you want it, too, or instead, I’ll happily drop it off at DMS for you.

Let me know. I’d act fast on the dry ice…

2 Likes

Piggybacking on this thread. Anyone need some styrofoam squares? These came from insulated cardboard boxes.

3 Likes

As a kid I used to love dry ice.

Take a soda bottle, some water, add dry ice and close it tightly. The boom from the plastic bottle rupturing is epic.

1 Like

Yep, and if you keep doing it the po po shows up. Had some kids do several 3 liter bottles in the local park. Epic boom is right. Luckily the cops were cool about it. The lady that called them wasn’t too happy, she wanted blood! They TP’d her house a couple days later. It all worked out and gave me a big stupid smile about being young and curious.

7 Likes

Ah well my childhood was in a small town, pre-9-11, pre-columbine etc etc.

No one batted an eye. They might have rolled a few though.

Need? No. Could I perhaps make use of them at some indeterminate point right before they become an actual impediment? Yes.

1 Like