Need Multicam CNC Operator

Howdy,

I need someone who is approved to operate the Multicam CNC Router. I will provide the materials. I am willing to compensate you for your time. Here is a link to the Solidworks file I would like to have machined: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alk9DootzUXCiJwqMUjztzKxXGfAAg

Thanks,
Matthew Bartell
[email protected]
281-732-0037

12 mm thick. Is it meant to be cut from Baltic birch?

6.6 mm holes. Those will have to be done with a 1/8" endmill or a drill bit. I know we have a 1/8" collet but I do not know if we have an endmill that size. I don’t think we have any appropriate drill bits.

Woops! Linked an old version. Should be 0.25" thick. Material is MDF.

Hhhmmmmm. Worst case scenario, I can always drill those holes myself. The thing I really need the mill for is all those slots. :grimacing:

No other changes?

-=-

What did you have in mind?

I did not realize you had updated the original post with a new link. I was essentially asking if the 0.25" design was identical to the 12mm except for the thickness. But, with access to the 0.25" design the question is irrelevant.

Is the goal to make just one?

For the time being, yes. This run is sort of a prototype (hence why I’m using the cheapest material I could find lying around :grin:). Making sure I did all of my measurements correctly and the fit is good. Depending on how this goes, I may do another run in Lexan later.

12 minutes. It will take longer to warm up the spindle. There is just one piece of information missing: Is there a 1/8" endmill? If not, you will have to drill the holes. So, the next time you are at DMS check the MultiCam cabinet for a 1/8" square end endmill (I prefer downcut). I will do the same.

If there is no 1/8" endmill we can try to peck indents using a V-carve bit. That will certainly help with drilling by hand.

Already got a job offer via email. Thank you very much, though. I will be in the Makerspace to do the cut on Thursday.

Excellent. I hope it goes well.