Need help with a vehicle

my husband’s car roof won’t go down and i know more about my cellphone then the car. he is able to drive it and can bring it in but would need it looked at on Saturday, i realize its right around thanksgiving but it just needs to be done. im willing to feed all who help, i’ll be there saturday novmber 8th about 5ish

You say the roof won’t go down – is this a convertible? If the roof is stuck in the closed position, surely that’s preferable to the opposite, especially at this season of the year.
Or is this a sunroof?

Information as to the make & model of vehicle would be highly useful.

its a 2005 chrysler crossfire roadster, its a convertable. he eventually wants to sell but wont sell if it doesnt work.

Can the top be manually actuated?

1 Like

dunno, but sent video to husband

1 Like

As a reminder it is against our rules to work on someone else’s vehicle for compensation at DMS. There is a long back story on DMS insurance and liability concerns as to why we must have that policy. Someone could help teach the vehicle owner how to do the repair(and owner does work themselves and is solely responsible for anything done to vehicle), but we are not an auto shop.

4 Likes

Most German(the crossfire was designed by Germans) cabriolets(convertibles) with electric/dydraulic tops can be opened or closed without power in the even of a power failure /emergency.

usually whatever is needed is included in the vehicle’s tool kit that came with the car.

I do not think you are addressing my query, but to be clear my point in asking if it could be manually operated was to discern whether the top itself being jammed/bent/broken/etc. was the problem or if it is an electronics/controls/hydraulics problem. I figure you gotta start somewhere and that seemed the most sensible place to me…

1 Like

[quote=“Brandon_Green, post:6, topic:6529”]
to work on someone else’s vehicle for compensation at DMS. [/quote]Does an offer of food while helping out count as compensation? I’m not questioning the policy, we need to be right with our insurance carrier and so on, no question. Just not sure what qualifies as compensation. I think people would be willing to take a look and if there happens to be say cookies (please god, no Turkey!), hopefully that’s not an issue?

sorry didnt know it was a question ^^ he says its more electronics,controls. nothings bent but he cant see if theres any damage inside and requires help. also i don’t think he got that kind of welcome package when he bought the car. dont know…

It is most likely a limit switch

The key item with working on a car at the Space is **helping **you - not doing the work for you. I think cookies etc are a good motivator for anyone helping you do the work.