Need help making some parts! - CNC plasma

Hello! My name is John and I am an engineering student at Texas A&M (Gig em’). I am not a member of the makerspace but am looking to see if anyone here could help me make some parts!

I am currently designing a solid rocket engine as an extracurricular project (I am on the A&M Sounding Rocketry Team) and need to cut four flanges, each roughly 3.5 inches in diameter, out of 0.130 mild steel. I have the material already, and will bring it, along with the appropriate files with me (I assume .dxf) to cut the flanges.

Anyone here willing to bring me in as their guest and help me make some parts?

Thank you,
John Rehagen

Howdy!

The plasma cut parts would be much rougher and less accurate than something like the waterjet I believe they have (or had when they opened) at the FEDC. Have y’all worked with plasma cutting before and/or made sure it will work with your application?

1 Like

I have a buddy who recently had some parts made at sendcutsend.com and they were cheaper than I expected and much higher edge quality than our plasma cutter. If you do want to get them plasma cut I should have time between 7-8 monday night, could be closer to 7:30

1 Like

This is [email protected], what time tomorrow, July 9th, are we meeting?

How about 1pm Saturday