Need help in decypheric grocery list of requirement in job descript

Bellow is job description that i decipher as slightly advanced military grade solder tech. No pick and place but willing to be trained. I interpret “using chemicals and performing detailed hand manipulation with tape and bonding materials”, repair pcb bellow solder mask.

Pay Rate : $16.50/hour on w2

Duration: 0-15 month(s)

Description/Comment: Production Operator must be able to perform a variety of tasks in support of a manufacturing/production environment. Duties for this position includes working in a clean environment, carefully handling printed circuit cards, using chemicals and performing detailed hand manipulation with tape and bonding materials. This position requires the operator to perform various tasks related to the circuit card assembly of both Through-Hole and Surface Mount technologies. Additionally the operator will be required to solder, repair and/or inspect electric and mechanical systems. This position requires the operator to transport material through the factory. This position also requires the operator to pass certifications and to work limited overtime when needed. The operator is expected to cross-train for other areas and be engaged with daily production activities that drive continuous improvement in cost, quality and schedule performance.
This position will be 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift depending on the business needs.

Additional Job Details: · Experience using a computer (ideally for WIP tracking, pulling up work instruction and shop processes, and various data collections) · Knowledge of SMT and THT Technologies · Knowledge of J-Standards · Circuit Card Assembly and Soldering · Must be able to read and understand English.

“Limited overtime when needed” = you’ll never see daylight again. :smiley:

4 Likes

If you can solder through-hole and smt to J-STD-001 workmanship std. then I’d say go for it. They were far too vague on the “additionally the operator will be required to solder, repair and/or inspect electric and mechanical systems” part so I’d have no problem assuming that would be highly controlled and/or specialized with training and instructions.

Yes I have passed the jstd001 from verion. http://www.veriontraining.com/ But i might need to renew the certification. As people on the video game “metro” would tell you day light is over rated… I prefer employment…