Need help getting certified on Lathe and Mill

Hello all! I am new to Dallas Makerspace and need to be certified on the Bridgeport Mill and Colchester Lathe. I also need help getting set up with the waiver and key fob. Can anyone help me with this? I have experience machining so it shouldn’t take long to certify me.

Thank you!

JOB FREEDMAN

I have also already done the online training and sent the passwords in

@Team_Machine_Shop

You’re in the right spot, and that assures that the right guys will read this.

@job, Jim responded to your email the other night. Did you not get it?

Tim, I did. Jim said he could maybe help me out this weekend but I should also post on here. I can check back with Jim and see if he can meet me some time.

yup, I wasn’t sure what my schedule looks like so best to get Tim and @BobKarnaugh to see someone is looking as well.

Between the three of us I’m sure something can work, Also as an FYI to the two of you this is more of a checkout rather than a full class assuming initial impressions pass the smell test.

Good morning! Just checking in again. Anyone available this evening, tomorrow evening or anytime Saturday? I really appreciate the help.

JOB

Job,

I may be able to come in on Saturday afternoon and do the machine check outs and review DMS specific concepts with you then. You said that you had sent in the passwords already; any idea where you sent them in to? I haven’t done any key fob activations yet, so may not be able to help with that.

Regards,
Bob

Thanks, Bob! I’ll plan on meeting you Saturday afternoon. Just let me know what time in advance since I have to drive from far. I sent those passwords to [email protected]. Jim already checked them out and said I had passed.

Who should I message about the key fob and waiver?

I really appreciate your help!

JOB

Job,

Let’s make it 3pm. If you relay your phone #, I can call you if something comes up. Mine is 214-343-1511.

Regards,

Bob

I got Job signed off last night

Hey, Bob. Just was going to message you. Jim was able to certify me last night. So I am all good to go.

JOB

Jim,

Great. Now just Mitch Cerroni tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,

Bob

2 Likes

Hi All,

I am new to makerspace and would like to become certified on Bridgeport mill. I have experience so training should not take long. I have also completed the quiz and sumbited the answers.

My apologies it looks like I may have missed
a opportunity last weekend to complete the course. Would any one be available in the next few weeks?

@Team_Machine_Shop

Gustav,

I am thinking of going to DMS tomorrow afternoon/evening if LBJ doesn’t have a west bound fecal impaction at that time, also some time during the weekend. It wouldn’t be too much trouble to give you a checkout either time.

Regards,
Bob

2 Likes

Haha thanks Bob,

This weekend works for me, preferably Sunday but please let me know what works best for you and I can meet you there.

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

Gustav,

I am planning on coming to the DMS Sunday about 2pm, probably leave about 5-6 or so. Could do the check out then.

Regards,
Bob

Bob,

Works great for me thank you! I should be there by 2:30pm.

Thanks,