"mystery" grey 5 gallon metal can with light rust on top

FYI:

Last night I was at the Space doing some maintenance and forgot to load up a 5 gallon grey steel can that I use as a used oil container.
The top has a layer of surface rust on it. It has a black plastic screw on cap.
I’ll be back this evening to retrieve it.
Tom

Just wanted to let you guys know before someone else chimes in

7 Likes

Quick, get him on the rack and quarter him!

2 Likes

I was thinking a weekend “ban” errrrr vacation from automotive.

:wink:

1 Like

You guys are too kind!

A tough crowd this is!
(Had I planned this, i would have the container somewhere else and not in Automotive)

1 Like

Yanno we have to hold certain people to a higher standard. For you, we need to extract a pound of flesh.

Kidding of course. Appreciate all you do for automotive and the inquisitive people in automotive.

1 Like

Jason,

Thanks! Last night was another fantastic short couple of hours in automotive albeit a very short block of time. Alan Wan was in his usual jovial positive spirit and happy to help. Good times!
I wast distracted after loading the misc other items back into the car and left the can of old oil.

However I did make sure to leave the floor cleaner than I found it…

3 Likes

My offending used oil receptacle has been removed.

I also picked up an old milk jug from the bottom shelf facing Laser that had a few inches of used oil in it. The cap was on that jug, but the jug had a split down the side - discovered that as I poured it into my grey metal container (no thanks to you that left on the shelves though)

Also picked up the two jugs of mystery coolant/oil mix - thanks for the reminder Jim!

I checked for any other obvious used oil on or near the shelves but there wasn’t any more other than the orphaned milk jug above.

6 Likes

Aw man, I just grabbing my pitchfork.

1 Like