My latest project

Hello everyone I have been extremely busy designing and making a Wine Cabinet I call “”Daily Bread” for the Marquetry inspired by a 1918 photo of a Minnesota man offering a prayer for his humble meal. The frame is made of solid Black Walnut and Pommel Sapele veneer. The veneers on the Marquetry doors include Black Limba, Lemonwood, Burl Ash, Burl Walnut, Holly, Pearwiod, Wenge, Sapele, Padouk, Ebony, Douglas Fir, Australian Walnut and several others I cannot remember right now. All Woods are their natural color there are no dyes or stains used. I’m taking it to the Texas Furniture Makers Show in Kerrville and will be display the entire month of November.
FYI I’m doing a Beginner Marquetry & Veneer class in Austin Oct 18-19 & 20th at the Austin School of Furniture & Design and we still have a few slots available if your interested buy a ticket at Austinschooloffurniture.com it’s going to be a blast. You can also follow me on Instagram at @waynedelyeafurnituremaker

14 Likes

Very nice work Wayne. Let me know when you decide to do the little cabinet using veneer class. I wish you the best at the Funiture show.

2 Likes

Thank you Dan I’m thinking Jan or Feb for the class with prerequisite being the class you have already taken. I will keep y’all posted. All the best to you and Gaye and Ben I hope to see y’all again soon. :pray:

2 Likes

OUTSTANDING!
(Darn TALK couldn’t understand the above one word sentence)

1 Like

Wayne, that is stunning! I’ve never seen that kind of artistry in furniture before. Thank you for showing it to us, and good luck with the furniture show!

1 Like

Thank you so much Holly I am honored. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you Nick I hope to see you soon.