Musical Instruments Space

I’m curious if anyone knows of some place that would enable interested people to use musical instruments, much like DMS allows people to use tools?

How about pipe organs? Does anyone know where someone could practice on a pipe organ?

How would you suggest we get around this issue?

1 Like

It’s pretty simple, really. Practice rooms. The same way any school of music allows people of disparate needs and instruments to practice at the same time.

And @opcode I have read of such places, but cannot think of any in DFW off the top of my head.

1 Like

I used to spend a lot of time wandering around Popejoy Hall at University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM. It’s weird walking around all those floors at night, looking in the little windows at each practice cell and seeing someone inside, playing away, unheard.

I see a lot of music stores as I commute around DFW. I don’t have any particular interest in playing an instrument, though I come from a musically-inclined family. It seemed to me that it would be nice if people could join some club, where they could try out various musical instruments and maybe get some training.

@Opcode I am curious to know what kind of music would invoke such a reaction in you, that you would be willing to go through all that…?

As far as where you can practice… There is several spaces in DFW vast majority do NOT advertise. They work mainly by word of mouth or through connections. The one that I know will ““welcome”” you in, since it is set up like a business:

Universal Rehersal and Accesories
9150 Markville Dr. Dallas, TX 75243

As an added bonus, you will run into famous musicians(mostly metal) every once in a while. When some of the bands are traveling they use this space to rehearse, change sets, etc. It is right next to the post office, like most of these spaces, it is nondescript and unassuming.

B U T There will ALWAYS be other people rehearsing in the other spaces surrounding your space… So that quote @Nick posted makes the right fit for your difficult to find.

…X…

2 Likes