Music Production Software

What kind of Music Production software do we have available?

FL Studio?
Ableton?

@apparently_weird @thespacemaker @Team_Digital_Media

1 Like

Audition is part of the Adobe Creative Suite. Audacity is open source. What do you want to do?

Those are audio editors

I’m wanting to sequence loops and add live effects while using the midi/usb keyboards

1 Like

This is the previous version of FL Studio to give you a short idea … 1min

Full Version of the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUNdNpHrKA

Been a long, long while since I looked into any of this.
Found this:

Some audio editors include some of this.
Can send a copy, maybe 2 of the mag “Electronic Musician” your way if you’re interested.

My humble proposition is to just use Reaper for free for midi in/ out I believe there is a midiman box at the maker space? You can use various VSTs to voice the midis.

If you want I can PM you links to the retro game VSTs (ie commodore 64 and sega genesis) that I’ve cobbled together over the years. Many of them not readily available but are free licensed.

For professional sounding instruments you will have to cough acquire better VSTs somehow.

I typically also use Tabit 2.0 in my work flow for my paper / pencil composition. Especially since my keyboard skills are mediocre.

We have been trying to decide on the proper suite once we move into the recording studio.

Reaper is on the table… so is studio one. Both are great.

For production I was thinking ableton or FL studio

If we get the imation pad and ableton you’d be able to make beats for days

ableton is GREAT. the impulse drum pad is to my experience irreplaceable as far as ease of use + all the good stuff with minimal micromanaging.