Museum Donations

Would a iMac Ruby G3/DV450 be welcome for display?

1 Like

I’d welcome it full heartily.

Is the museum actively seeking machines? How much space is there? Last time I was there, it seemed like just a shelf, so I’m guessing not much space.

Does the museum have any special focus, such as consumer machines (like TRS80/Commodore/Apple/Atari/Sinclair, etc.)? I do have some of those, but also have some more unusual machines, like Ohio Scientific, various old (1970’s-early 1980’s) HP machines, some single board computers, etc.

Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Yes we’re always accepting donations and rotate items every quarter with the new desk and display case we have allocated at the space along with the virtual space we are building out on our janusvr site.

While just about anything is accepted our primary focus is to provide means for educating users about computer history and passing along technical knowledge of computer science and network engineering.

Currently we’re working on building out a display of items from the 80’s and early 90’s but honestly anything pre-2000’s is always welcome (some post 2000’s to 2010 on rare exception depending on how significant to computer history the item is.).

We do have a committee meeting coming up on the 24th to plan out a dedicated donation drive day but if you’re wanting to arrange for a time to donate or meetup before then feel free to PM me or send a text to my cell (512) 920-8169.

1 Like

If you need any old DEC software, let me know. That’s a mailing list that’s apparently impossible to free yourself from.

2 Likes

We always are looking for software titles. Forward me a list and lets see what we can do to go from there.