Multicam Training

I wasn’t fast enough to get signed up on the last multicam class - haven’t seen anything new scheduled for a few weeks. Is there another class coming down the pipeline anytime soon or (even better) is there anyone I can bribe into doing a one on one? Many thanks

I feel confident on the operation side, if I could shadow somebody next class to go over the classroom portion one more time I would like to get signed off to teach the class them we could put more on tue calendar beginning in oct, but I’d be a bit busy until then

3 Likes

That would be sweet! Still stuck at my original question though. Hell, I don’t know anybody at makerspace and still even I know somebody else that has been waiting to take the class. The demand is there… to the powers that be, “If ye scheduleth thee class, thine students will cometh forth and sign up for ehhmm, it’th?” Again, I’m not above bribing someone… 6’1" M, athleisure build, have parasitic appendage growing from forehead, but still dead sexy. Historically straight, but I suspect some things happened once during a blackout and let’s just say I’d be willing to blackout again :wink: Just name your price! In the meantime I’ll go back to the drawing board with my concept of a bribe.

2 Likes

+1, I was out of town for the last one.

Just wanted to add my name to the bribe list. I’m in desperate need of training as well and need to start using the multicam to make stuff for the upcoming holidays.

I was going to make a comment about this being reduced to bribery…but the more I think about it, the more I’m warming up to it.

1 Like

It’s the American way! :smiley: :moneybag::moneybag:

It’s a 4 hour class, and I think there are two people who teach it at the moment. It’s a big time commitment, so it’s not going to be offered every week. @AlexRhodes is a good guy and offers it as much as he can.

ftfy

Also, I couldn’t agree more, @AlexRhodes is an absolute sweetheart of a man and I’d be happy to go to bat for him if anybody said differently. Knowing how kind-hearted he is, I would probably not specifically mention his name on a public forum in close proximity to anything that could be interpreted as lacking. I would probably be more tactful and just ask a straightforward question without calling out any individuals and then maybe resort to self-deprecating humor and the offering of bribes. To each their own tho :wink:

Blockquote
Also, I couldn’t agree more, @AlexRhodes is an absolute sweetheart of a man and I’d be happy to go to bat for him if anybody said differently. Knowing how kind-hearted he is, I would probably not specifically mention his name on a public forum in close proximity to anything that could be interpreted as lacking. I would probably be more tactful and just ask a straightforward question without calling out any individuals and then maybe resort to self-deprecating humor and the offering of bribes. To each their own tho :wink:

My intent was not to call him out. It was to A: Compliment him, and B: give the original poster (who I now realize was you…) someone they could have a private conversation with instead of a public forum. (Of course at the time, I didn’t realize the OP knew who to talk to already). Like if I taught a class, and someone was looking for it, I’d want them to know who to come to ask about the class. I also backed up my post here with a PM to Alex expressing my interest in getting to a place where I could take some of the burden of teaching the multi-cam courses off his shoulders. Tone is hard online though, and I realize I may have mis-read your’s a bit too.

If they don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

1 Like

I have scheduled a class for October the 5th. Sign ups should open in 72 hours.

Arguing on the internet is my least favorite hobby, it may be some peoples favorite but it ain’t mine. So everyone calm down and look to the ever wise Red Green some more.

8 Likes

“If it moves and it’s not supposed to, use duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it’s supposed to, use WD40.” - Red Green

Just don’t use either on the Multicam.:grinning:

4 Likes

oh oh! now you’ve jinxed it.
+++++++++++++++++++++

1 Like

Quite frankly this one had my parasitic baby arm scratching my head. But then after Alex’s

I did exactly that. I was not familiar with Red Green (Redd Foxx yes, Red Green no). I spent too much time familiarizing myself with him, the whole time holding out out hope there would be a silver lining - some kind of payout. There was none. My best guess is its the canadian version of Bill Dance Outdoors. This indeed was a horribly cruel joke. The culmination of this experience has led me to believe I have now seen pure evil… and it comes in shades of red and green. Shame on all of you! (I’m not even going to say what gesture my parasitic appendage is making right now).

I have added another class for October 26th. It should show up 72 hours from now.

1 Like

@Team_Woodshop who would I talk to about receiving training on the MultiCAM? I would be willing to pay someone for instruction. I can’t seem to find the list of cleared instructors on the WIKI

@cghaly is a MultiCam instructor. I don’t know who else might be

There is typically a class taught one a month - the last one was Jan 21 [https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15037]. I would expect Chris Ghaly to put another class up for sometime in February [he usually targets the third Monday of the month].

He might be willing to do a one on one, but the class is probably the easier route.

I would also pay to do the same.

Steve - The next class is scheduled for 2/20/2020.