Multicam Needs New Velcro

Hey Bert or anyone who knows where to find some velcro, the magnet used for setting surface/max depth is no longer connected to the velcro. When running long x-axis runs the vacuum hose knocks the sensor off the top. I tore the velcro off as it was useless now and used blue tape to keep it in place during my job. I’ll be here a few hours if someone knows where I can find a piece of velcro to stick back on the sensor and router.
-Ryan

@themitch22 are you available to replace the Velcro?

Mitch provided what’s there now.

Is there an accepted way to rehabilitate VELCRO®? I’ve never considered it before…maybe use duct tape to pull the stuff (dust, fibers) embedded in the hooks-and/or-loops out? Or is it more complicated than that, i.e. a worn out VELCRO® pair is like a worn out Post-It® note…just no very good anymore?

It’s not the Hook & Loop side that’s a problem. It’s the adhesive that sticks the velcro strips to the steel components.

FYI, I glued a magnet on the touch pad in lieu of replacing the velcro fastener.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the hot summers with a windshield with gobs of sticky goo from toll tag Velcro adhesive that let go and sent the tag scuttling under the seats.

1 Like

Ugh. Unpleasant memories.

For what it’s worth, this solved the problem…
https://www.google.com/search?q=industrial+strength+velcro

I originally bought it from Amazon. The stuff I have is “rated” for 1 pound. It appears to have been upgraded…

3D fab has industrial Velcro in the cabinet IIRC. Thanks @bertberaht a stronger magnet would work better.

1 Like