MultiCAM dust boot replacement part

I ordered two replacement bush and brush presser foot thing for the MultiCAM so we can use dust collection. I noticed the part is simple so I made a CAD modeling in fusion 360. The STL is on the committee drive under woodshop and CNC router.

9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for taking that on!

2 Likes

Thanks Mitch, we needed that!

1 Like

Is it really just a simple ring?

No holes / pegs / something to hold it in place?

Is that why you mentioned gluing it in place?

1 Like

Yep I used a mallet to fit it in the hole, at least silicon or some removable semi adhesive.

1 Like

I saw video where the dust boot was held in with neodymium magnets. The video showed that it could easily be taken off and put back if greater access was needed.

Well we have plenty of magnets for that cause.

Yep I used a mallet to pop it in so it’s press fit. That’s why I mentioned
gluing it with a silicon or RTV. A set screw could also be good and magnets
is a great idea. The brush itself is also pressed in the channel. If people
don’t plunge the head far enough to have the brush catch and get snagged
off.

2 Likes

First sorry for my bad english. I dont understand so well this language. Please could you send me the stl files for this dust boot. If you want send it me please mi mail is [email protected].
Sorry but i dont understand too well how must i do to see it. Thanks

I sent this in the PM but here’s the Fusion 360 file I made for it.

You should be able to download a stl file from that.

This is for the small cast aluminum dust boot they use on the multicam classic/1000, Digital express, and smaller spindles. You should be able to glue on existing bent dust brushes to the inner ring.

thank you very much and sirry for my bad english. my machine is one multicam 1000 series with this type of brush. i dont see the stl file in te link, perhaps because i dont know see it but i only see the graphic show. i am from tenerife (canary island) spain, if you need something from here you only have to tell it me. thank you very much