Multicam Dust Bag

The bag is full and I have no idea how to remove it (looks to be disposable). Unfortunately, it wasn’t taught during the class when I took it ages ago.

I’ll be back tomorrow and if someone can show me how to remove it I’d be glad to empty it and know for future reference.

Sorry and thanks!

2 Likes

It is simple,
There is a band that holds the bag to the dust collector. You loosen that band and dispose of the bag full of dust and chips. You then replace the bag with a new bag and tighten the band to hold the bag on.

2 Likes

Some additional help: https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=change+delta+dust+collector+bag

Also, while anyone is back there behind the Multicam, it would be excellent if they took a few extra minutes to sweep/vacuum the harder-to-reach areas since folks rarely have occasion or reason to get back that way.

Please use a dust mask while changing, etc. You can inhale a day’s worth of dust from regular woodworking changing one of these PITA dust bags.

4 Likes

Where are replacement bags kept or is that obvious.

2 Likes

In one of the drawers under the multicam computer.

2 Likes

FYI, there is no band that is loosened. it’s actually an expansion band that’s on the inside of the metal housing that presses out from the inside of both bags top and bottom. You just have to press on the side of the bag (close to the metal) to get it to flex and then you can remove. Best to start with the top clothe bag…

1 Like

Scott (don’t know his last name) and I emptied it and the white bin yesterday… It was WAY full! We need to mark a line on it to limit how much makes it into the bag before it is changed out. Also, I think there is only one bag left under the computer… maybe 2.

@Team_Woodshop, @Azalaket

Took a picture of the bag. This is after Ian scooped some of the dust out.

2 Likes