Multicam CNC Machine Woodshop

There is a method to this madness, think of it as a soft opening. We want to make certain to iron out the rough edges prior opening the gates fully.

The required class for existing users will be the new table/operator portion of the recertification process. A class will be limited to 5 people since it is hands on. There is a $10 fee for this class that goes to DMS. I will not be taking the honorarium, but in order to attract other quality instructors for the future, I realize they probably will want to consider taking it. Please consider that DMS has spent more than a couple of thousand dollars retooling the machine. We also have a few hundred hours of volunteer time involved. Training and processes are our insurance to keep the machine in tip, top shape.

I am trying to get a feel for when we should schedule classes. We very well might choose two different days of the week. You can select up to two days.

• Monday 7:00PM
  • Tuesday 7:00PM
  • Wednesday 7:00PM
  • Thursday 7:00PM
  • Firday 7:00PM
  • Saturday morning
  • Saturday afternoon

0 voters

3 Likes

Most any time is good for me except Wednesdays,

Please add me :slight_smile:

Something like these

Are you sure? This is a bit more involved than making a fancy cutting board. :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m not certain how to get this designed in Vcarve(draft/sloping sides) . Might need a real CAD, but we will figure it out.

Lol 987654321

By any chance do you have a top down view of them? How thick should they be? I can try to design the vcarve.

2 Likes

Funny thing is most all of those designs can be made with a table saw and a spindle sander.

1 Like

Their website shows this view but it doesn’t list the thickness.

2 Likes

@j801496 said we can probably make them on the band saw :v:

John F, @j80496 is probably talented enough with the band saw to make these, but 95% of the rest of us, not so much. Anywho, once setup on the Multicam, any authorized user will be able crank them out.

2 Likes

Design:

Result:

10 Likes

I would like to recertify in the next couple of months. I have done 3-4 projects on the Multicam.

Bert!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! You rock!!!

You are welcome little bean! You can vary the border offset and V bit angle to get more/less height as needed.

2 Likes

Here is a 5" x 10" oval with corner cut outs. Same tooling as Bert’s - 0.75" dia 90 degree V-bit.

Not sure dimensions are correct, but can easily edit. Forms are 3/4" thick. DXF File is attached:
PotteryPlaque - Body1.zip (1.4 KB)

5 Likes

@SWA I would like to get myself in line for Multicam recertification as well, if possible. Not a huge rush for me since I’ll be out of the country almost all of May and will spend the next few weeks super busy (getting married is a crazy time).

Please let me know if there’s anything else you need from me!

1 Like

When you’re ready for the ‘fresh’ guinea pigs, please count me in (I joined DMS after the multicam was out of commission, so I haven’t taken the old cert :frowning: ).

2 Likes

Vcarve file ready. Just let me know when a good time to load this plywood sheet up and meet you at space.