Multicam Authorized Users Only

Due to the unexpected amount of time it has taken to reboot this program we are providing supervised sessions. These are for existing authorized users of the machine. Please contact us for a times if you wish to run an item.

11 Likes

Hello again - We have returned from our travels and I have identified a guitar body project I want to cut on the Multicam. I plan to make all my vCarve adjustments remotely with version 9, then come in to DMS to open them in version 11 and use whatever processes have been established to make the files that run on the Multicam. I can do the make-files part separately from the cutting.

What do I need to do to schedule the session?
When I have made these guitar bodies in the past, it has taken me about an hour to do about 6-8 minutes of actual cutting.

1 Like

You can run it later this afternoon, since I am up here working with another member running a job. Want to try that?

rmramsey2
September 28

Hello again - We have returned from our travels and I have identified a guitar body project I want to cut on the Multicam. I plan to make all my vCarve adjustments remotely with version 9, then come in to DMS to open them in version 11 and use whatever processes have been established to make the files that run on the Multicam. I can do the make-files part separately from the cutting.

What do I need to do to schedule the session?
When I have made these guitar bodies in the past, it has taken me about an hour to do about 6-8 minutes of actual cutting.

Wow! I wasn’t expecting such a quick reply.
I’m in the thick of some honey-do’s.
I’ll do the prep work and let you know when I’m ready to accept such a kind offer.
It will probably be Thursday before I can give it the time it will take. (but I DO have my workpiece mounted to my spoilboard)

Bob, go ahead and CAM this as you have in the past. Someone will get it ran for you, but I doubt we will be able to provide one on one Vcarve 11 software or CAM training at this time.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Team Multicam is preparing to run a guitar body job for @rmramsey2 . Although we specified that users would be responsible for tooling(bits) moving forward, we haven’t provided a suggested tootling list. In reality, tooling is its own little world. Our revised VCarve V11 CAM class will provide a suggested tooling (bit) list that will work with our preset speeds and feeds. Since we haven’t published that as of yet, we feel it is only reasonable to allow existing users of this specific program access to the DMS tools. Sorry for the confusion.

4 Likes

Ready when you are!

Let’s shoot for Thursday evening @ 7PM. Please have your file’s gcode ready to run. If something changes and time opens up, maybe we can run it sooner.

My file’s GCode is ready to run.
But [Thurs-Sat Oct 7-9] my wife and I have RV reservations for the cloud-free new moon at Copper Breaks state park.

1 Like

I have asked if another member if free earlier this week. If not, we can reschedule when you are back and everyone has an idea of free time.

I need to tell you of any conflicts I have. If you offer a time and I turn it down again, that would be BAD.

I have a Dr appt tomorrow (Tues 5th) at 1pm,
AND we go to band practice every Wednesday from 6:30 -to- 8:30
And if we get back from Copper Breaks in time, the Texas Steel Guitar Assn meets Sunday Oct 10th at 1:30-3:00 pm (I would skip this to use the CNC)

No worries.

. . . . and the best way to reach me if something gets available is at 469-323-7484 voice or text.

@rmramsey2 is back from his trip and is running his sample guitar :guitar:.

1 Like

Slowly taking shape.

3 Likes

Time to cut the back side.

1 Like

One guitar body ready for sanding.

3 Likes

SETTING HOME - When I attach my workpiece to my spoilboard, I can decide where “HOME 2” will be relative to the [2" by 2" from HARD HOME] corner set by the dogs. But I’ll need to know how to enter those coordinates into the multicam. Is this done via the pendant?

Yes. It is done via the x,y,z move button, then setting an additional home.

The button allows the user to move the head to a relative offset from the current position.

Please keep in mind that you should use the corner of you spoil board as the 0,0 point in Vcarve/CAD. In your case, at a known offset from the spoil board’s edges, you could draw both horizontal and vertical lines to align your board to. You would then enter these offsets using the x,y,z key and saving to a new soft home.

2 Likes

If you use that x,y,z button, enter your x and y coordinates but not a z - just hit enter and skip by the z - it will keep the current z position, which is presumably safe. If you enter a new value you risk crashing the spindle.

1 Like