MPCNC user question

I know we have a few MPCNC builds by members, so I figured I would ask some questions. How have your experiences and satisfaction been? I’m looking at two configurations for different purposes. One, about 24x24 inch working space for cutting wood. Another, 48x48 for cutting Coroplast. I figure that while this is above recommended sizes, it won’t generate any meaningful cutting forces, so I suspect it should be OK. Any feedback on those sizes for those purposes? Any thoughts on material selection? I think I’ve seen PLA listed for one of the builds. PETG would seem like an option, but apparently it has more flex than ABS. Some of these parts may be challenging in ABS. What about PC-blend? Would the extra stiffness and strength in the parts be worth trying to print it in PC blend? Don’t worry, not looking to tie up or run these filaments through any of the spaces printers, I finally have a Mk3s+ that has been averaging over 12 hours a day since early December.

3 Likes

Hey there!
I did mine in PLA, and I haven’t had any failures despite storing it in my garage (hot in summer, cold in winter).

I’ve seen some modifications for larger builds that involve supports along the longer tubes. You could also use his other design, the Lowrider.

My only negative has been Estlcam, and that’s probably been because my PC is ancient and slow. I know others have configured it with other software, but I haven’t dived into this.

1 Like

Hi guys. I’m thinking about jumping into the low rider V3. Are y’all still using yours and happy with it? I’m not needing speed nor perfection, but I do want it to work regularly once I set it up.