Moving, selling lots of goodies

I’m moving complexes and it’s always a good time to clear out the clutter. I have tools, electronics, furniture, etc going.

Some of the more interesting items that have popped up:

• Sennheiser Headphones
  • a Pelican briefcase
  • Pioneer Elite Alexa speaker
  • Fenix TK75 flashlight w/ one battery expansion
  • waterproof camera
  • magnetic brooms for pickup of nails etc
  • large x-acto kit
  • home theater couch (electric recline, headrest, drop table, outlets, etc)
  • Narita 170 Amp-Hour 12v battery
  • Pelican 045 toolchest

I’m using 5miles to list everything. If anyone is interested ping me: https://www.5miles.com/person/3rnap9D1oa

Cheers,
-Jim

1 Like

Not necessarily interested in your stuff as I have too much of my own, but I am curious about your experience with 5miles? I have a lot of stuff from my mother-in-law’s estate which I need to sell. Have you had good luck with 5miles?

In general, yes I have. Much better than LetGo or the other ones I have tried. I often cross-post larger items on Craigslist as well. I’ve sold about a hundred-odd items on 5miles over the past 1-2 years.

The biggest issue I have with it is I can no longer effectively sell car parts / accessories. For example, when I removed a roof rack accessory I no longer needed I used to be able to list it. They have a policy that 5 auto listings (even parts and accessories) automatically makes you a “business seller” and now they charge $5 for every auto listing. Most of the items I would have tossed on there were, ironically, going to be $5 so I didn’t waste time with people saying they were coming for a free item then bailing. I usually just gave that stuff away.

Other than the auto parts stuff, it’s been pretty great.

1 Like