Moving on (damn letter requirement)

I am stepping down as machine shop chair effective immediately so I can concentrate my efforts on me.
As the VC - @TBJK Tim Bene will be acting chair until you can have a formal election or until the BoD picks someone. Good Luck.

17 Likes

Thank you for your length of service and knowledge share to so many members.

5 Likes

So our next committee meeting we will have the election on the 27th. We need to note at this is the normal monthly committee meeting However it appears it will be earlier in the day. The schedule shows noon on the 27 because it appears our normal Lecture hall at 5pm is already scheduled. Again this meeting is not at our normal time, unless we need to change it.

If anyone would like to run as Machine Shop chair, feel free to throw your hat into to ring. I am willing to hold the chair position until someone else feels that they want a shot at it.

6 Likes

I will also add with myself becoming the chair. We will need a vice-chair. So that’s food for thought for other people to think about.

6 Likes

Could this become a Machine Shop Chair for Life position?

Thanks very much to @TBJK and @nicksilva for all your work and help!

5 Likes

Lol depends on who’s life.

7 Likes

@nicksilva sorry to hear you are stepping down…I like your views and you did a great job. Thank you.

@TBJK Tim, thank you so much! You consistently amaze. Thank you for stepping up.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. :vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

Nick,

Thanks for serving several terms as the MS chair, teaching, making improvements to the MS operation, and generally being a big part of the volunteer power that makes the DMS as we know it even possible. I hope you will remain a member at least.

Regards,
Bob

2 Likes

I have asked/appointed @procterc to be a vice-chair.
I am not opposed to having another, Which I will ask them if they care do it. I’d like to spread the load a little to keep this easier among us.

As said in a previous post, As acting chair, I feel obligated to be versed in the HAAS. I’m pushing forward on this in my refreshing of my memory, to effectively be able to run the machine.

8 Likes

Let me know when you want to get together and I’ll run you thru it.

4 Likes

I have also named @BobKarnaugh a vice-chair as well. I am gracious that both Charlie & Bob have agreed to be vice-chairs.

9 Likes

You are truly gracious. And graceful as a gazelle, as well. But I bet you are grateful for Charlie & Bob. :wink: