Mouse on Vinyl Cutter computer dead

I was going to attempt to use the vinyl cutter (I was trained before) however the mouse is dead on that computer. I am at the space now (2015-05-22 1700 hours) and will be leaving in about an hour if someone is here that could help please come to the fortress of solitude and lets get this thing working.

Hi Chris (@Mixer)…

You might consider checking the “Give-Away” shelves near the rear entry of the workshop to see if there are any mice available to use. If not, please send an e-mail to: [email protected] and we’ll look into getting a replacement.

Thanks!

Lisa
:smile:

Thanks Lisa, I looked there earlier and didn’t see any. I took the mouse off of one of the other computers to complete my task, I will put it back and leave the broken mouse on the table with the computer it belongs to.

The Fortress of Solitude is dead, long live the Creative Arts Studio! All
we have to do now is update the signage :-/

That will work for now - especially if no-one is waiting to use the computer you borrowed it from.

In the big picture, we are trying to discourage the practice of “borrowing” components - because very often one of two things will happen: (1) someone shows up to use the computer that the device was borrowed from; (2) the borrowed component forgets to make it’s way back to where it belongs.

If you are still there, please do the following to help all involved:

• Put a note on the computer the mouse was borrowed from, so any members looking for it, know where it currently is. The note can be tossed when the mouse is returned.
  • Send an e-mail to [email protected] to request a replacement.
  • Put a note on the vinyl cutter computer to let others know a message has been sent to request a replacement mouse.

Thanks!
Lisa
:slight_smile:

Thank @Mixer for reporting the problem, coming up with a minimal impact workaround, returning the mouse when done.

The art room has all new mice thanks to @AlexRhodes

1 Like