[LASERS DOWN] Monthly Maintenance + Comm Mtg + Chair Election, Sun, April 8th, 11a-2p

(clears throat; uses official sounding voice)

Let this serve as the formal 2 week notice prior to our Committee Chair election, per https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Committee_Responsibilities_and_Rules2.
Nominations welcome anytime, right up to the last minute.
Will someone nominate me?

Please note we’re meeting the Sunday after Easter. Little change to our regular schedule.

5 Likes

I hereby nominate Stephenie Webb for Laser Chair.

4 Likes

I second Bill’s nomination of Stephenie Webb for Laser Chair.

*great graphic

3 Likes

Can I third it? She is doing a wonderful job

3 Likes

bump!

Most important agenda item: completing @John_Marlow’s template for the expansion project.

3 Likes

bump! Hot ham and cheese sandwiches + deviled eggs today. All aboard!

04/08/18. MONTHLY COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA

• Chair nominations & election. Vice Chair appointment.
  • Usage and budget and BoD election.
  • Engraving of PVC-containing material in Blitzen.
  • Expansion template.

Maintenance Day.

• Clean Blitzen. Wipe down bearing surfaces and smooth rods. Member engraved stamps out of material containing PVC. Engraving process created a lot of residue. Take bed to car wash for cleaning.
  • Donner: noisy moving on x axis
  • 63: bed not level. Low on right side.
  • Take power levels. Logan is reporting drop off in power across Donner’s bed.
  • Complete Chris Marlow’s template for expansion move.
  • Take inventory of spare parts, etc.
2 Likes

And then Laser Basics from 2 - 3:30 … just FYI for anyone trying to access the lasers today.

2 Likes

Another productive Maintenance+Mtg Day. Don’t have the sign-in sheet in front of me, but can confirm at least 15 participants. I heart them…enough to be returning as their Chair. Thank you for allowing me to serve the Laser community for the next 6 months. Scott Blevins is Vice-Chair. He volunteered! Woo-hoo.

Next Maintenance+Mtg Day is May 6th.

2 Likes

It was nice meeting you today Stephanie!
Thanks for the ham sammich, it was amazing - kinda glad I skipped breakfast!
I got there late but FWIW I would have voted for you. You’re doing a great job as chair!

2 Likes

Agreed on the ham sandwiches. That was some powerful magic there. Amazed I only had one.

1 Like

Looking forward to helping out and expanding my knowledge about lasers along the way. :grin:

2 Likes

I want to say that I think that this is such a great idea, The more folks that are
knowledgeable about the maintenance, the better maintained our tools will be
And folks will likely take better care of them

This one way of making folks members, not customers

1 Like