Missing: Torx socket set

A few weeks back, I ran off in the middle of the night without a few of my gizmos and gadgets. Among these was a Torx socket set, in a light blue box.

Predictably, my gizmos and gadgets were put in Lost & Found; not as predictably to me (missed the memo), Lost & Found was then off-sited, so when I showed back up last week after my whirlwind getaway vacation to the hospital I spent a few days looking around befuddled before I ran into Brandon and learned that my stuff, including the Torx set (“oh, the blue one, right?”), had understandably been all moved to off-site storage.

So I go to off-site storage on Monday, and I find all my gizmos and gadgets – except the blue Torx socket set. (At least, that’s the only thing I could tell was missing, and everything else I’d been missing was all together in the same box in storage – not that I didn’t do my best to scour the place anyway.)

So I figure either 1) I missed it in there somehow or 2) someone wasn’t aware that the 28-day period hadn’t elapsed and it wasn’t available (or 3) who knows what out of a number of other reasonable possibilities). Whatever the circumstances were, I don’t really mind; I figure whatever it was that occured it wasn’t with ill intent. But I’d really like that set back – it’s actually a fairly expensive set of sockets (for me, anyway) and would be a burden to replace.

I’ll be around the space this afternoon, so if anyone has any insight to provide (or the set, I suppose!) you can find me there.

Thanks, all.

2 Likes

Check around. Someone may have “put it away” without knowing it belonged to you. Electronics, Machine Shop, or Automotive may have it, as they seem to occasionally attract random tools.

@engpin Jayson was one of the folks that volunteered to take the lost and found items over to offsite storage last Sunday. Maybe he can let you know whether or not he remembers seeing the blue torx set.

Blue blow molded case that was maybe 4"x6". If infact that’s was it, I saw it on the list & found shelf a few days ago.

1 Like

Yeah it was in off site storage when I locked it up. I will keep an eye out at the space for it and ask around and see if anyone knows anything. Mind you no telling if someone had went over after me.

I’m going to storage today to fetch some items for @axeonos. If I see any of these items I’ll drag them back for you … you can think of me as “A compassionate conservative/libertarian” … I know it’s a unicornish concept. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Photomancer did me a solid an hour or three ago and checked out offsite storage. He confirmed that it is not there.

So it would seem it was there when @engpin locked up on Sunday but gone by the time I checked offsite storage Monday afternoon. That at least gives a fairly narrow window for when it could’ve walked off.

Figured I’d give this a one-time bump, since we’ve since had a successful L&F retrieval from off-site. My item has yet to turn up, sadly – unless someone returned it to off-site and didn’t notify anyone; I’ll try to swing by this afternoon to check on that just in case.