Missing 5 gallon bucket of welding coupons

I had 2 five gallon buckets, one with steel, one with aluminum coupons in the metal shop teacher storage area. They are for welding classes, one of the buckets is missing and I think the aluminum coupons were dumped into the steel coupon bucket. Would whoever borrowed the missing bucket bring it back and ideally sort out the aluminum and steel into separate buckets. Its pretty difficult to dig through the aluminum coupons and get deep enough to find the steel on the bottom of the bucket.

Seemed obvious to me not to mix them but I can put a note on the buckets so this doesn’t happen again.
Thanks
Randy

5 Likes

Sorry Randy my fault I needed an extra water bucket for the open forge yesterday. I meant to bring it back over and resort it I’ll be over later today or tomorrow and take care of it.
Sorry. Joe

4 Likes

I think I have a few extra buckets, should I bring them in?

1 Like

Yes please there is always a need for them.
Thanks

May I suggest we invest in some of these? Far more appropriate for blacksmithing as they own’t melt.

I’ve been using the same “Homer” bucket for blacksmithing at home for over three years. With a modicum of care, melting is less of an issue than you might think.

The big plastic cat litter storage boxes are also a good choice, as you can use the lid to minimize spillage during transport, and take it off in use. They go on and off easier than Homer/pickle bucket lids…

The metal buckets Blacksmithing/Metal shop invested in a while back developed leaks at the seams and rivets. I used some spare West Systems epoxy to seal the insides and get them back in service, but plastic buckets would have been just fine IMHO.

1 Like