Mirroring both Screens in Interactive Classroom

It’s been pre-pandemic since I used the interactive classroom for anything. My question is about that there are two large screens in the room. I seem to recall that it was possible to have your laptop screen mirrored to BOTH. Is that the case? How do you make that happen? I know that one has the HDMI cable to connect to the laptop. How do you tap into the other screen? Also tagging @Team_Infrastructure for this question. cheers!

Do you have two HDMI ports on your laptop?

sadly no. It’s an old Dell from when they only had one.

Maybe the space can buy a couple of these to have around?

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-LinkS-Amplifier-Source-Displays/dp/B0732MD43P/

1 Like

Great! Thanks. If MicroCenter has something like that I’d probably pick one up next time I’m there. Cheers!

Can also check if you can HDMI to one screen and simulcast to other screen.

1 Like

thank you. I’ll give it a try next time I’m up there. I’ve got until December to figure it out.

I believe they both have Chromecast on them

Not really sure how the Chromecast works. I do like the idea of hard wiring them, though.

The last time I did that, a long time ago, around the time we put in the new floor, there was an HDMI splitter.

But it needed a wall wart to power it. When I was Classroom chair, I had to replace the wall wart twice. Once it quit working and once it disappeared.

Not sure myself. @mrjimmy was doing some during one of the last potlucks I believe

I used HDMI on one TV and cast to the Chromecast on the other when I needed to have both mirrored. Slight delay but functional.

@hon1nbo is correct, that’s how I did it last time. One screen was the second monitor and the other I was casting my browser to.

Thank you all for the help.

1 Like

Do we know the specs on the required wall wart? Might ask @artg_dms if there are any spares in Electronics. I suspect there might be.

I brought in a bunch of wall warts, over 30 of them, and placed them in the Electronics Lab, all different voltages and sizes. Look for the black plastic totes in the middle of the Lab. Caution, those totes are real heavy to move.

3 Likes