MIG Welding Training?

Is anyone interested in conducting one on one training for MIG welding? I have no prior welding experience. I have completed the Hot Process Safety Class. I am willing to pay for instruction. I prefer weeknights or first thing Saturday or Sunday mornings. Let me know if you can do this as I have a project waiting on this skill. Thanks.

@Team_Metal_Shop

I’ll send you a PM.

I would be interested in paying as needed for anyone who is willing to get me certified for MIG, I have used a flux welder I use in the garage and have done some stick welding a while back. Have taken Hot Process Safety class.

So – while your very best bet for learning MIG welding is indeed Malcolm – there are 2 upcoming MIG classes which should appear on the calendar very soon. They will be: Friday the 13th, and Sunday the 15th. Friday is at 7pm, and Sunday is at 3pm.

What you get from me: how to use the MIG machine for welding, and just enough practice so that you can ask any questions you might have then. Plus, I can describe/point out the guys who really know, thoroughly, how to weld.

Plus, I’m frequently here, and will be open (mostly, maybe not right this second, but soon), to getting up from my spot in the Common Room and helping you out.

1 Like

Thanks for putting them up there, any help in the teaching area is greatly appreciated.

Also, for anyone else reading this thread, wanting to know when the next class is, this coming Saturday (2019-09-07) is the metal shop meeting (from 12 until 5), those that help with the meeting and cleanup sometimes get an impromptu class to teach them how to weld something up that we need welded for the committee.

@TBJK @hon1nbo The metal shop meeting is still on right? I don’t see it on the calendar yet.

1 Like

Yes it is, didn’t realize it was not on the calendar already

Ive put the meeting on the Calendar, pending approval in the queue

2 Likes

Thanks Tim

I’m going to be at another conference but can dial in if anything comes up.

We have new glass for the vapor hone on order. I’m also picking up the new steel slats for the Dynatorch tomorrow. With them swapped out it can be run through its paces.

Besides those and general cleanup I don’t have much on the list except we need to move the ABC fire extinguisher in the welding bay. We could raise it up a bit, but I thought about it and maybe it should move onto the other wall and we shift the pony bottle rack in there. I still have the weld hinges to finish that rack in the committee cabinet.

1 Like

I am signed up for the Sun. 9/15 class

Yes – and I just approved you.