MiG is out of wire

The miller mig welder is out of mild steel wire. I’m getting some for me tomorrow cuz I have a deadline.

We should have a new (33lb)spool still put up. I won’t be able to make it in until tomorrow afternoon but one of the other committee members should be able to change it.

1 Like

Pretty sure we have some in the locked cabinet.

Can one on the teachers check for me? I’m out of pocket right now or I’d do it.

@TBJK
@hon1nbo
@cdbjames
@jakewatkins

Unless we ate an entire spool in the past week there is one in the committee cabinet.

I won’t be there until tomorrow afternoon myself to put it on.

i checked in the cabinet and saw an orange spool which i think is aluminum
and two smaller spools which were different alloys than what i was using. pretty sure they’re for stainless. i could be wrong.

We’re referring to the committee roll up cabinet on the other side of the room. It’s locked though so someone would have to go pull it out

Ok. I will be there around 3 or 4. If anyone knows if it has been swapped out let me know. Thanks.

I looked and didn’t see any.

1 Like

ugh. I’ll see who can make a metroplex run. We should probably buy two or three spools. They can grab the flap disks whilst they are at it.

@yashsedai @TBJK @malcolmputer

Any of you able to make a run?

Yes I can and will.

1 Like

I’m on my way with wire. I also grabbed the last flap disks they had. 13 total.

Thanks a bunch

holy!@#%@#$%@#% I’ve been busy.

Finishing up publishing my first Pluralsight course. Hopefully I’ll get back to a normal life and can go enjoy some DMS time burning stuff.

DMS is still standing right? You guys havent burned it down yet, right?

We’re trying, but we haven’t suceeded yet. Can’t wait to see you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see it’s not live yet (company gives us an account), but curious what the course will be. Based upon your bio on there, it might be something I will end up watching.

I’m also curious in general how you found the whole process went etc. In any event, good luck with it!

I realize we’re way off topic if anyone wants to mod around this :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Implement & Testing Blue-Green Deployments on AWS
It will go live in July. We’re finishing up some last edits now.
I’ll post about it later. It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot. Already planning my next class.

1 Like

That sounds very relevant to me as we had lots of “fun” with blue-green in general (especially when attempting “blue-green canary”). I look forward to watching it!

1 Like

I’ll be interested in feedback.
The challenge I had was trying to stuff it in to 90 minutes.
I think it could have easily be a 4 hour course. I had to skim a lot of material and keep a very narrow scope. I’m probably going to propose a follow on course to just look at canary testing using ELB.
But the next class is going to be on Chef. I’lve got a fleet of VMs and Raspbery PIs that I have plans for.