Midwest palma®/f class championship long range individual state championship

I just returned from the 20TH YEAR - 2019 MIDWEST PALMA®/F CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP GILLESPIE MEMORIAL LONG RANGE INDIVIDUAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in Lodi WI.

This was a match with over 100 of the top long range prone shooters in the country. There were 5 days of individual and team shooting at 800 yards, 900 yards, 1000 yards and, 1200 yards. This was my first experience with electronic scoring targets and it was “interesting”. One benefit was that I was able to copy the targets I shot.

This is one at 800 yards.

Russell Ward

6 Likes

Well, it ain’t bragging if you can do it! :+1:

RBW,

Are the S1/S2/S3 your first sighting/dialing in shots? i.e. freebies?

What’s the significance of the red thingy around # 15?

The electronic scoring is way cool…nice to see how the accuracy progresses (or maybe doesn’t for some of us).

Yes, the S indicates a sighting shot and the last shot has the red thingy around it.

Before shooting on the electronic targets I worried about how accurate it would be. After shooting on it I realized it was perfectly accurate. When you only have one piece of data how can it be inaccurate?

Russell Ward

1 Like

I just figured you drew the circles after you were done shooting and no one was looking :–)

1 Like

This is a target from one of the really good shooters.

The two shots at the bottom, shots 16 and 18, both 9’s where because of cartridge case failures. Which shows that even the best can have unexpected problems. Having two failures in the same string is unusual.

The smallest circle is 0.5 minute of angle, 5", at 1000 yards.

Russell Ward

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I need to go shooting with you some time after my vaca.