METAZA MPX-80 head

i was doing my normal thing, and one of the carbide pins broke during my run on an aluminum biz card holder (ive made many, including 5 or so tonight before the break.)

I tried swapping the other metal head, no print, tried the replace head procedure, no print, told it to impact on pin 6 on the all metal top head, and it mae the ABCD and no 1-9 grid without filling it in… so that was a good sign. put the original head back into the machine (the serial beginning with B80). and ran through the head replacement exercise.

pins 1 and 3 are dead, the others are printing, 2 is pretty worn.

ill upload the photo of what I put in, but when I hit save, the PC is blocking the folder from being written, see screen shot.

What this means>>> I need an admin to log into the machine and run it again, because i dont have a copy of the mpx80util.txt output file to stare and compare against.

i didnt bring my non work laptop with me, or I could have tried installing the software onto a personal laptop, where I do have write access.

1 Like

I told it to use pin 2 on this tag

iirc, it only uses one pin out of the nine. So it should continue to work well. As long as you have admin access to update the settings, yes??

Different question- why don’t you have admin access to help infrastructure? You have been a member longer than anyone. You have a deep giving ethic. You have held many positions of leadership. You have been part of infrastructure for ages. And you have very strong it admin skills. ? @Team_Infrastructure

1 Like

You are a kind friend. Thankyou for the encouragement. Ultimately that pc needs to get off windows 8.1 and go to the AD. I know you and I conquered all things metaza, we just need to confirm the other vinyl ( non cameo) can be moved to another machine

Vinyl Master Cut is still maintained. It will work on a new windows machine.

A quick look at their website shows 5 different packages. We prob have the basic. It looks to do everything we need.

It would be good to switch to the newer vinyl cutter when we do that.

1 Like

Update January 23: I tried 2 personal machines, to update the MPX-80 head manager. Neither is able to run the utility and se the impact printer. Very bizarre. Both of my PCs were able to engrave ok, so next effort it trying it on the adobe cloud PC in the room.

Well sonofabiscuit. The stop switch on the main screw for the feed INTO the printer has decided to die.
@jast @jrkriehn @talkers - I am not comfortable with my vision these days attempting to dissassem ble the roland to replace it.

2 Likes

I should be up there in the next few days

1 Like