Metaza functional?

Couple questions, does the Metaza still function? And if so, any suggestions on where to find a nice necklace blank? Just a round rose gold pendant. Most of what I’ve found online requires buying 20+ of these.

I can’t vouch for the quality but they seem to have a bunch of gold plated blanks, no minimum purchase, and reasonable shipping. No rose gold however.

Doug Emes (and somebody else?)) fixed it a while back. Haven’t heard anything about it since then.

I checked it the other day and it is not currently functional, and will be ordering a new head for it shortly.

Will let you know when it comes in, and the metaza is up and running once more.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Edit: Print heads are approx $400. Will bring it to committee meeting tomorrow to get purchasing approval, and then get it ordered!

3 Likes

Thank you, will you let me know the estimated delivery date? Im waiting to head up so I can make a few christmas presents :slight_smile:

1 Like

As soon as I know the date, I will let you know!

@ladysandry The Metaza now has a new print head and should be good to go. Let me know if you have any issues etc.

Thanks for being patient!

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: Do you happen to know where on the website the refresher instructions are? I’ve used it before and am signed off on it, but it’s been a while and I wanted to look over the instructions before I head up, but I can’t seem to find them.

Support website: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/products/engraving/metaza-mpx-80-impact-printer

I tried to go to the manufacturer’s website but it timed out. Dunno if it’s on my end or theirs … but anyway since the MPX80 is an old machine that online info could disappear on us.

As luck would have it, I downloaded a copy of the user manual for my own use eons ago. I just uploaded it to the DMS wiki, linked to it from the CA Digital Arts/Tools page, and here’s the direct link:

2 Likes

I have them if you need.