Metal shop sign off

New to the space. I am assuming to work in metal shop there is an into class to sign off on equipment like wood shop but I am not seeing any classes offered in metal shop. Is 1 coming soon. I would like signed off in metal shop, welding and blacksmith asap.

So are you wanting metal shop or machine shop?

IE are you wanting to learn welding or machining.

For metal shop we are in final stages of a month long painting project, hopefully finish painting in next few days and get the equipment set up.

You need the hot process safety class, then you can take plasma, mig and tig.

We are all volunteers so spread thin between work, home, personal projects and makerspace projects.

This is tax season so @dryad2b will need to let us know if she has time for teaching the safety class, if not someone else can probably teach it. And we’ll get some welding classes posted once we know the welding area is ready, there was a plasma class last sunday.

I have taken hot process. Just waiting on other classes.

1 Like

Both actually

Both. We’ll I want signed off in both. It’s been long time since I have done either. Grew up on rice farm as in the 70s and 80s

Actually, for both Metal and Machine, it goes machine by machine. So, pick what you’d like to learn first. For instance, I believe that the Bridgeport mill has an online class that you pass first, and then someone will set up the machine-side training.

Thank you for having taken Hot Process already. Our office is short-handed, and it’s made squeezing out class times kinda special.

Machine Shop requires a pre-requisite of watching some videos & taking a test then submitting those results to us.

There is also learn.dallasmakerspace.org that has the Bridgeport quiz on it.

1 Like