Metal shop scrap

Ha. Thanks man. Is it best to check with the admin before doing anything drastic

Thanks, Nick just contacted me and arranged that agreement.

To clarify: I have no capacity to authorize you to do anything. @dallasmagna is the committee chair, and would be the guy who might object, but I doubt it.

I just applied common sense to the situation. Lacking any rules, it seems to me that anything unusable in the scrap bin is fair to take for scrap value and helps keep DMS clean.

The serious side to Brandonā€™s ā€œtrollā€ is:
you really should try to touch base with Chuck Graf, who does not frequent Talk, as the committee chair, before MOVING THE BIN (by which I mean changing its restful position; temporarily moving to the dock on a pallet jack to clean it out and putting it back where it goes should be no problem; expecting to make it occupy some other floor space should be something Chuck helps decide). He will have no issue with it being cleaned out, Iā€™m sure, but might be a bit more touchy about it occupying another section of floor. I know I would be.

PS I like it where it is, but I have no authority nor ā€œfinal sayā€, either. Nor do I clean it out regularly, so maybe it WOULD be better closer to the door. I just donā€™t think so. But it WOULD be better cleanerā€¦

I was told it can be moved with a pallet jack. So that back space seems fine to me as well, unless a 2nd welding table is added as was discussed.

1 Like

I did talk to Chuck about this the other day, he was just saying we would more than likely throw it (said scrap) into the dumpster.

On a side note, maybe we should make the next welding table big enough so the scrap bin can be directly underneath the table.

2 Likes

Okay. The purge is a go. I shouldnt need much help if I can get it out the door on the pallet job.

1 Like

I am in favor of a 2nd welding table, mirroring the one on the other side of the curtain. Ideally, weā€™d move machines around to have them accessible to either side.

Weā€™ve also discussed selling the Miller 350 (too big), and getting a smaller inverter box. That, combined with the Miller 250 and other machines, would be an awesome setup.

1 Like