Metal Shop Committee Meeting & Open House Prep, Friday October 5th, 2018

We will be having a committee meeting on October 5th, 2018 at 6:00 PM followed by cleaning & upkeep of the equipment. This month’s meeting was moved to Friday from the usual Saturday due to Open House

Pre-listed Action items:

Discuss recent events and issues including, but not limited to:
– Talk about the new Dynatorch, what we’ve learned and what we plan (at this point in time) regarding classes.
– Discuss current known issues & tooling

Call for Volunteers
– Open House volunteers to work on things for visitors; we will be running the Dynatorch for some of the time, and I’d like to show off some other things like working with sheet metal.

After these required discussions, an open forum for any new items.

Once the committee activities are over, we will be cleaning the room & servicing equipment.

Cheers,
-Jim

I’m going to try to make this meeting, but I’m supposed to be at a 7:00 indoor soccer game. If we have enough players, I will skip the game and attend this meeting (I don’t want to screw the team over if they’re short).

I’m interested in getting back into teaching, and would love to add the new CNC plasma to the list of things I can teach. I taught a lot of Multicam classes in the past and helped to develop that curriculum if you guys want any help with that as well.

-Kent

4 Likes

Stuck in a bit of traffic, but omw

Hi, Jim. Not sure how to reach you directly so I’m replying here. We met at open house and I signed my son and I up for DMS safety class and TIG welding for Saturday the 13th. Do we both need to sign up separately if I’m there as his watcher?

1 Like

You’ll need to both sign up because we have exactly enough PPE for students, and you’ll need a hood to watch.

How old is he? I’m not 100% on the rules on age so @hon1nbo should write that out for us before the class.

1 Like

We talked at the Open House. The requirement established is that a parent takes the class with them and be present when welding, to augment his welding at school.

The rules for onlookers are 16-18 with a parent for anything involving a torch / hot end you have to hold, and any younger with chair/vice-chair approval.

1 Like