Metal Lathe Training 2021

I was wondering how I would go about getting trained on the metal lathe. I have taken the bridgeport training.

Thank you

Hello Erik,
The training is essentially the same for the lathe as the Bridgeport. Complete the online portion pre-requisite first. I checked my email & had not seen any notifications of the password.

Here is on the about on how to get training. I just trained another 2 members on 1-23. We do give classes as needed for the demand. Recently the classes have been mostly ad hoc & not on the calendar due to the extreme close proximity to show .001” of movement on a dial.

1 Like

I’m interested in the Bridgeport or Lathe training when it comes up again.

I can email you the password for the bridgeport course, but I think that is irrelevant to the lathe.

I saw an older post which mentioned using the committee drive to access the Lathe training:

Committees Drive:/machineshop/training/ClausingColchester/ClausingColchester101 2018 with quiz

But I don’t know how I am supposed to access that. I have not done anything with committee drives. Do I need to access that from a computer on site at the space or is there a link I can follow from a different computer?

Thank you.

You can “remote desktop” into the jump server and access DMS resources from anywhere in the world.

On Windows, run “mstsc” and in the address box type in physical.dallasmakerspace.org
when it asks for your username type DMS\YOURUSERNAMEHERE
then your DMS password.

From there you should be in a remote Windows environment and you can just open my computer and find the shared drives there. You can also use some DMS software suites and access other internal-only resources.

Thank you.

1 Like

Here I’d the link to the training/quiz. Its in the About Machine Shop. I thought I had linked it previously in the first post I did. But apparently I didn’t hit paste before I hit reply. My apologies for that.