Meeting room availability

I would like to see if I could use one of the classrooms today at about lunch for a small meeting of about 8 people. We are trying to have a small quiet meeting to discuss some issues we are having. We would normally have this at out office but we want to be sure bothered by people in out office. Is this a possibility? I looked through the wiki but wasn’t sure if it was ok to do.

Just check the calendar to make sure the room you want to use is available…

To help make sure that you don’t get bounced, you may want to reserve the room (just reserve it as a private meeting).

Note: Reserving the rooms for non Space / non educational events is allowed, but priority will be given to educational / DMS events if there is a need for the room.

All that being said, it appears that all the rooms are available during the early part of the day today…
https://dallasmakerspace.org/calendar/

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa. It will not let me add the event, it gives me a fault of it must be greater than the current time. Which I have been putting in an 11am, 11:05 & 11:30 start times.

It may be referring to the end time. The event submission page uses 24 hour format (“military time”).

If you try again and it still doesn’t work, please open a ticket so the Classroom Committee / Infrastructure can look into it. Also, if it still doesn’t work, let me know: which room, the start time, end time, and email address you want to use, and I can put it on the calendar. Thanks! :slight_smile:

we have had an issue with items being scheduled the same day as the request.

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, glad to know that I’m not the only one having issues then.

There’s a potential bug:

the “datetime.now()” call uses the timezone of the server when a timezone is not specified, which could be something other than what the form is passing. I would guess it’s possibly configured as UTC or something else “East” of us (apparently further than a few times zones, so UTC is the guess). I’ll follow up with the author on this.

FWIW, if programmers had their way, there’d be UTC and nothing else (especially Daylight Savings rules that can be changed :slight_smile: ). Overall dealing with nothing but UTC and making it only display as something more convenient is the way to go, but not always as easy as it should be.

6 Likes

I just fixed it temporarily by changing the timezone of the container from UTC to CST.

It was also using Mandrill, which got turned off (for free users) yesterday… I switched it to use SparkPost.

I’ll try to find some time over the weekend to do a longer term fix, do some refactoring, and make some other improvements.

7 Likes

UTC, and all times represented as unix timestamps (integers).

1 Like

At least until 2038 on 32-bit machines, sure, why not? :slight_smile:

That kinda suspected was going on but didn’t want to cause a conflict in the schedules.

Attn: @brianbterry