Meet the candidates- Digital Media

It’s Adnan :slight_smile: And of course, I would gladly help any of our members with their visions of digital media.

1 Like

In terms of immediate need for digital media, we have a new room that is nearly finished being painted. (I am actually painting the final wall as we speak. We are supposed to get some new flooring so we definitely could use some volunteers to help piece that together so that we can move in and get some breathing room as soon as possible. We have two tables currently that I think look just fine but we could probably use two more proper desks as well as a shelf or two. We have gotten many requests for a podcast/youtube room so I think it’s pretty critical that we build a space that is not only functional as a photography studio but also doubles as a great looking space to shoot video on a personal level (Think Peter Mckinnon’s rooms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFUKzES8-c) Ideally we could plan a build day to make some stuff for the room. Feel free to post when you’re free and i’ll do my best to work around it. I will try to get the wood flooring in before Sunday so if anyone is around in person for the election and would like to help we can knock it out

1 Like

If you go to the committee drive => digital media => media assets => raw

You will find a list of directories that contain quality footage of various things shot in the space.

It’s mostly video (but can be taken as a 4K still)

I have a ton of photos on my phone I need to upload there as well. On a side note, related to PR, we have 5 available seats on our buffer account https://www.buffer.com

If you’d like to participate in PR efforts or have a knack for social media, lets have a chat so we can find you an appropriate way to get you access to our accounts

I would like to see some music production at Dallas Makerspace. I know a recording studio is planned. I would like to see the keyboard and other instruments ready to be hooked up with software installed and some classes on multi-track recording and software like FL Studio and CuBase. We may be able to do some other instruments as well such as electric guitar and electric drums.

1 Like

Rebirth, reason, and rubberducky.

Or maybe old school with
Mod, s3m, and .far files

Draco, I think we may need to find a way to take a vote on the software. I’ve heard so many opinions on what to get. As soon as the move is made the Mac will get reaper (it’s free)

That should cover our recording basis until a decision is made on a paid DAW.

As for production… I love fl, there has been many requests for Ableton…

I’d love to perhaps bring this up in a meeting g if we can get a good turn out and really weigh out our options

2 Likes

I’m ready to make music too guys, I’m so excited to have space for it.

I imagine that would be part of phase II?

Or maybe old school with
Mod, s3m, and .far files

A protracker fan! Dude, I thought I was the only one around here :smiley:

1 Like