Me bad at buttons

I could use some help or guidance on making some buttons. I can cut them out and put them together but I cannot figure out how to make use of the template provided from abs. I’ve tried inkscape, Photoshop, illustrator etc and no luck. Suggestions? Halp … Please. Need…more… flair

Honestly, I don’t understand the templates either.

1 Like

Are these the templates you are talking about?

1 Like

Can you explain a bit more what is giving you trouble?

If you’re referring to the above templates, make sure you download the Photoshop template because it splits things up into layers:

First, open your template sheet in Photoshop. Next, copy and paste your image onto the document, and drag its layer beneath the red circle layer. Anything outside the red circle will not be visible, so set the circle’s layer to 50% and resize/move your image layer so it fits beneath the red area.

You can then click the “guidelines” layer, and use the Magic Wand tool to select the outside of the guideline circle. With that selected, click back on your image layer and click “delete” to get rid of any part of your picture that’s outside the guidelines.

Then you can hide the template layers, leaving only your image visible, and print! If you want to make a big grid of images, just copy and paste your image layer into a grid format.

7 Likes

Those are the words I needed, thank you! Couldn’t figure out a better way to explain the problem since I knew I was missing steps just not which ones

Yup those would be the ones

Thanks for the details. I linked to this post from the Creative Arts wiki page (from the section about the button machines/templates).

1 Like

FYI, those templates are not actually accurate. If I recall correctly they are too close together and cut into each other when you stamp them out.