Mazda 3 blower motor replacement

Anyone has experience replacing the blower motor on a Mazda 3 (2006 Mazda 3 sedan 2.3lt)?

I checked some videos out and it seems very involved - removing the whole glove box, most of the dashboard, etc. the motor is behind the center console. And it seems that to replace the resistor at least the break pedal (if nothing else) needs removing. Trying to figure out if I should even give it a try…

Thanks.

If I had to tear the dash down that far, I’d spring the extra $50-$70 and replace the heater core - unless you plan to get rid of it in near future. Some last forever, some don’t. Like replacing water pump when you change a timing belt. The effort is getting at it.

1 Like

My only involvement is I needed something like this done to my Toyota. It was just the a small fix to a blend door gizmo, but required this horrible nightmare of an effort:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3ufEIbMQVSCd3pZTk9ieERSVDQ?usp=sharing

I wouldn’t wish this type of repair on my worst enemy, of which I have about a dozen.

I can provide reference/contact info for the guys that did the work. It was >$1000, but they did it right, the first time, and I haven’t had an issue for over a year. In fact I need to go back with case of beer, now that I am thinking about it…

edit:

Yep…I agree with PM. I had them do this well as a few other low cost parts replace that they recommended while it was all tore up.