May 2021 What's Cooking?

Make us drool with your successful dishes. We’ll commiserate with your failures.

Pics/recipes appreciated!

@Team_Admin please sticky.

9 Likes

smoked Jalepeno and Shishito pepper poppers

10 Likes

I keep meaning to try a recipe with shishito and forgetting. Serious Eats has a tasty looking creamed shishito recipe on their site.

I use them all the time; favourite so far is black garlic and Shishito pepper beef jerky.

1 Like

Does Future food count?

I am a bit late to the season but just started up the hydroponics garden this morning. As well as started some seeds

5 Likes

Tortellini soup with spinach and veggies, served with a side of pepita beer bread (@mrjimmy’s recipe with 1/2 cup of pepitas added to the batter).

The soup recipe is dead simple:

Spinach Tortellini Soup
———————————
1 pouch Knorr veggie soup mix
8 cups water (twice the normal amount)
1 package frozen mixed veggies

1 large package fresh tortellini (I used the three cheese variety)
1 package frozen chopped spinach (can also use frozen creamed spinach)

Fresh ground black pepper to taste

Boil water with soup mix and veggies. Once boiling, add tortellini and cook 7 minutes (as per tortellini directions).

Meanwhile, cook spinach in microwave according to directions. Once done, add to soup. Stir to combine.

Season with fresh ground black pepper if desired. No need to add any salt

Serve hot with fresh bread as a side.

6 Likes

Pepita’s are awesome, I need to try that next time!

1 Like

Roasted poblanos, red pepper, mushrooms, cumin, chili powder and shallots, topped with queso fresco and crema Mexicana.

10 Likes

That looks fantastic! So glad I decided to do tacos tonight. I wonder if I have a poblano in the fridge I could roast up.

3 Likes

All these meals look so good. My husband is an at-home chef (my home LOL.) His food is so good and we are always taking pictures of it. I plan on making him a plating plate and bowl, but until then, here is his last dish. Chicken Tikka Masala, Saag Paneer and rice.

10 Likes