May 2019 Kiln News

Glaze out…

2 Likes

Bisque unload

3 Likes

Is my bad eyes I’m having trouble seeing if the two small pinch pots, the pinch pot bird and they several pendants I had place to be best have been best. I love them and I Shallow plastic box and I believe someone place it on top of one of the shelves where I could not reach it. I was hoping to have those pieces for the soccer class.

Cairenn, did you find the items you were looking for? Both kilns are in the cooling off phase and should be unloaded Saturday morning. I know that 2 of the leaf pattern items went in the bisque fire, one other cracked on the shelf so it has not been fired

Thanks I didn’t get a chance to check last night when I was there I will look either tomorrow or sometime Saturday when I’m going to be there a long time. The items I had mentioned should have been fired before the fossil pieces were. Not my main concern is needing them for The Saga of class. Thank you

Glaze unload

4 Likes

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded…

5 Likes

Ah! Thank you! My babies made it! :sob:

1 Like

Yes the shelves are pretty full but I put them in a corner to be safe :grinning:

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded this eve…

5 Likes

I think you accidentally put the same photo twice! Is there a third one by chance? :grin:

1 Like

Good catch, I didn’t notice that yesterday. Unfortunately I posted the photos that Clark sent me so I don’t have any others. I’ll take a pic of the shelves when I’m at the space today. Sorry :neutral_face:

Looks like someone unloaded a bisque last night as well. I have taken pics of all the bisque and glazed shelves. Come get your babies :grin:

3 Likes

Love how productive ceramics is being. Making++!

2 Likes

Who had the dark clay bodies with the green x blue looking glaze? May I know which clay you used? I’ve been wanting to try a darker clay

Poinsettia bowl will be picked up tonight until I can do the intro class and work with the glazes.

2 Likes

Glaze out this eve… we two more ruined shelves due to low fire clay going into the glaze run

Low fire clay melted on to others work along with the stilt and the cookie. PLEASE, NO LOW FIRE CLAY. Two more new kiln shelves are affected.