May 2 ceramics committee meeting

Come to our next ceramics committee meeting!

It’s going to be May 2 at
Classroom- north lobby
6:30-7:30

We will be voting on proposals for new purchases.

3 Likes

Please put these on the agenda:

1. Ceramics should have their own Pottery Throw down. Not sure how to go about it, but I think it would be fun for all.
  2. Regarding those using bead racks…can we have them put everything on a big cookie. This insures that all move to the kiln in one go instead of kiln team members having to deconstruct the whole thing and then rebuild it back up in the kiln. Also maybe tack them down with glue on the rod so the team does not have to make sure every single bead is spaced out when they move them to the kiln (because they do move about when loading).
7 Likes

I can’t be there but I saw this on Craigslist. I’ve seen this kiln in person and it’s a beast but can fire up to like cone 11 and would totally change the limits of the firing we can get now at the space.

2 Likes

Where are meeting minutes posted these days?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! Meeting minutes can be found here:

https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/CER/Ceramics+Meeting-2023-05-02

You’ll need to log in using your DMS info in order to view the minutes.

5 Likes

The Google meet link in the Calendar Event is not the same as the link in the minutes (which I assume is the correct one). Could future Calendar Events please either point people to Source, or use the updated link? I’ve missed two meetings in a row because I didn’t know the link I was using was wrong. (I guess this would be a request for @jamierazzz and @AnnaMarie).

3 Likes

The link keeps changing without us knowing. Hopefully, by the next meeting we will have this issue fixed!

2 Likes

I believe we decided to stop using Google Meet and are only hosting meetings in person. @jamierazzz and @AnnaMarie - is this correct?

The meeting minutes will continue to be posted on Source.

1 Like

That’s fine, but if so we shouldn’t put Google Meet links into the Calendar Event or minutes. It’s confusing.

It is confusing! DMS is no longer requiring committees to have a remote option, but we are still wanting to provide that for our meetings, just had major technical difficulties last night. Sorry about that; we will have it fixed for the next meeting. Also Christine @ccasey05 has agreed to take minutes for us for the time being and it’s been very helpful! Thanks Christine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be lovely if we could post the link to the minutes here. Source is still new and goofy for many of us.

1 Like

Not disagreeing. Having a post in Talk is helpful for ppl to find stuffs.

Indeed.
To that front, once one DOES find oneself in Source, looking at, say, the minutes posted above for the last meeting, one may breadcrumb back to the parent folder of “Meeting Notes”

and “Watch” the page.

When something gets posted/updated there, is SHOULD notify one that something has been changed (at least, I think it will notify when a new sub-page is added for the new month’s minutes).

EDIT: really crappy thing about confluence, though, is that it will only email the BILLING address, which I am personally less-than-thrilled to be getting emails about other-than-billing at…