May 1st's Photography SIG meeting went great!

Thanks to everyone who came out and especially thanks to @David_Ianni for re-booting the photography SIG!

Shout out to @Nagyk for demonstrating how to matte/frame photos. He made an intimidating task seem easy! Thanks Kurt!

I’m happy to see the group gaining some momentum!

David scheduled another meeting for next month (I think it was June 5th? Should show up on the calendar in a couple of days)

We discussed possible “field trips” for photo outings. Suggestions near DMS welcome!

I heard someone mention Deep Ellum, I like that idea! It’s only a train ride away and full of interesting sites. Taking the DART train in itself is a fun photo excursion as it allows you to hit a bunch of different busy locations in a day.

OH one last thing! We have a photo assignment for next month’s meeting!

The theme is: Depth of Field

Thinking about DoF is a great way to develop your photographic eye!
DoF allows you to direct the viewers eye to the most important parts of your photo and to de-emphasize the others.

Here’s a youtube link explaining the concept in case you’re not familiar.

7 Likes

For some outdoor, try Rawhide creek in Farmer s Branch, South on Josey
from Valwood

All of the Dart train stations have art installation The Red Line in Oak Cliff runs along
Cedar creek and ti also includes the zoo

L B Houston park has a nature area south of the golf course

2 Likes

You are welcome! I hope we can reach critical mass and end up with a very active SIG. The next meeting is June 5th… I just checked and it is showing on the calendar. Thank you!

2 Likes